Alfa Romeo Forums banner

New Member from Germany - 1st Time Alfa Owner

3K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  dnh33 
#1 ·
Hello people,

I stumbled over the Alfa BB and already found it very helpful.

In August last year a friend of mine announced to sell his Alfa Giulia Nouva Super 1300 (1974) he had owned for many years.

It was in very much stock condition with no rust on the body. So I decided to buy it and I really love the car.

It did some modifications since then. Removing the bumpers, ...

I've already got an Alfaholics "Fast Road Suspension Kit" that waits to be installed as well as a stinger pipe :)

Most of the rest is good to go and I love driving it.

I'm 48 years old, working as a mechanical engineer for a german car maker, running marathons, building fixed gear bikes, ...

Beside of the Giulia I own a Triumph TR3 from '56 and an old Vespa 150 Sprint from 1970

Good to own an Alfa and be here :laugh2:

Franz

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
That TR-3 is very cool, oh, I like the Giulia too.:thumbup1:

#10 ·
... the Vespa surely is the fastest ;-) => 11hp

joking...

definitly the TR3. It weighs around 800kg and I guess it is around 115hp out of a 2,1l engine. The suspension is very firm and the steering is ultra direct. Due to the comparably wide track and the modern Pirelli tyres the grip level is surprisingly high. Driving the Giulia for a week and then switching to the TR is quite a difference :)

Driving the TR for 3 hours is quite hard work. The stereo in the car doesn't make a real sense. It's loud and hard and windy. But I also love driving the Giulia. That's more like relaxed cruising around with good music and feeling good. Very modern car for it's time. The ride is a bit soft for my taste, but I'm just about installing the alphaholics suspension kit :)

#13 ·
Very nice collection - welcome to the BB. More pictures please!

I'll be interested to see how you feel after you install the AH suspension. It will be begging you for more power!

A lot of folks love the 1300 motor but it's an easy and relatively cheap upgrade to drop a 2L. Will transform the performance of the car without losing its charm.

#15 ·
... rigth. More pictures:

All the parts for the suspension are reworked or newly purchased. I had most of the old components shot blast and powder coated. Most of the bolts are the orignial ones from the car, shot blast and zinc plated. Everything is laid out and waiting for installation.

I like the pic with the TR3 in the back :thumbup1:

Installation day tomorrow. :thumbup:

That really is the way I like it. Everything clean and prepared. This is going to be a lot of fun. And there is enough beer in the fridge good music, ...:cool:

Attachments

#16 ·
... rear axle is back in the car. I installed it together with a friend and it kind of was a straight forward job. No bigger issues ...

And I did some cosmetic work to the front of the car.

Pictures from today:

Attachments

#17 ·
I welcome you to the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board. I have been driving Alfas since 1968 and restored my 1961 Sprint Veloce in the end of 2014. I just went to an Alfa Romeo Owners Club of Southern California that had a meeting at Santa Monica Alfa and Maserati dealership. I test drove a Stelvio QV and it was great. Have fun with your Alfa!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.