Presentation - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By fx87590

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 06:11 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Talking Presentation

Hello everybody,

I'm quite young but contaminated by Alfa virus since early childhood! And also by classic cars virus.. This comes from my family where everybody drives classic cars. From co-driver in classic rallying with my mother to track driving sharing the steering wheel with my father on a GTV 2000 Bertone... I'm now the happy owner of a Renault 8 "improved" to replicate a Gordini and I'm now rebuilding a Giulia 1300 Ti for track use

I hope my english is not too bad to be read cause I'm french.

Hope to read you soon

FX
ghnl and Alfaboutvegas like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 06:16 AM

Garage
Cool! Welcome aboard! We'd love to hear more about your Giulia - great car!

71 Spider
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 06:39 AM Thread Starter

Garage
It's just the beginning of the Giulia rebuilding. Completely empty to work on the shell. Work on body in going on. Replacement of front wings, bonnet and boot by glassfiber ones. Trying to find a rollcage and some ideas for the colour (don't hesitate if you have some with photo!). The engine is ready. It's the one of my father's Bertone on my avatar.( He'll build a TS engine.) It's a Nord 2000 prepared for track.

And the family of Alfa at Home is also constituted of a Bertone '72 for road use, a '85 spider and a 916 spider 3.0 v6 owned by my mother. ;-)

Siamo tutti Alfisti!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 08:33 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Excited to hear more of the build you are taking on!
Welcome to the BB, you can soon post pictures once you have 10 posts "under your belt". Start posting,, so we all like pics.

"No chance, no destiny, no fate can circumvent, change or control the firm resolve of a determined soul"

73 Spider
80 BMW e21(Sold, gone to Houston)
79 Spider (sold)
78 Spider (sold, gone to U K)
Greg
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 04:53 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Welcome to the BB. Years ago (like in 1966) I bought a new R8 Gordini 1134 here in the states. It was a great little car, probably faster than a Giulia Ti of the same era, but with only 1100 cc and 94 hp and less weight. Always wanted a 1135 (1300) with the 5spd, but they are very rare (and expensive) here in the US. Priced closer to a TI Super now in Europe. I'd be interested in hearing about your 1100 as well as the TI. I have a '65 TI that I'm building with a Twin Spark.

Stu
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 04:40 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by veloce430 View Post
Welcome to the BB. Years ago (like in 1966) I bought a new R8 Gordini 1134 here in the states. It was a great little car, probably faster than a Giulia Ti of the same era, but with only 1100 cc and 94 hp and less weight. Always wanted a 1135 (1300) with the 5spd, but they are very rare (and expensive) here in the US. Priced closer to a TI Super now in Europe. I'd be interested in hearing about your 1100 as well as the TI. I have a '65 TI that I'm building with a Twin Spark.

Stu
My R8 is a 1132 "Major" bought to the first owner, an elder lady, 6 or 7 years ago. Lot of work to do on the bodyshell... only few body parts to buy to repair... lot of work hours! Now the shell is finished with a beautiful blue colour! Front axle completed! Big brakes in the front! direct direction kit! the engine is a 1400cc of R5 Alpine, 92 hp with some camshaft. Now just the rear axle and gearbox to finish! Even in Europe 1135 are rare and expensive.. 45000 € is the minimum to purchase one true Gordini..

For the Giulia you will have photos as soon as I will be allowed to post. The shell is naked, working on sills, some holes to repair and then sandblasting!! I'm looking for some painting ideas now!!

Siamo tutti Alfisti!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode