Guest & New Members - Please Read! - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 06:50 AM

Thanks for the invite. Just purchased a "field car" that has not been driven in four years and sat in the desert. Hope I'm capable of handing this challenge, a 1978 Romeo. It appears to have mechanical fuel injection. The motor turns and the oil is clear. I'm going to take the tank out immediately and seal it. It's canary yellow but paint is toast. Top is toast, seats are gone. Steering wheel is salvagable, minimal rust, (spare tire well). Mileage shows 45K, but perhaps that has turned over already. underside doesn't appear to have been dinged and seems to have an undercoat. Checked the air filters (2) and they seem good. Motor turns. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 02:03 AM

Small problem; When I click on the member profile I don't see "send a private message" nor send an e-mail. Any suggestions?
post #33 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-08-2015, 06:48 AM

Not very good with the computer, sorry. I posted this message on top thread. Thanks for the reply. I have taken the car to bare interior and luckily have not found any rust. (california car then NM car.) All Italian parts on car and I believe the miles to be 45K original. I'm trying to get the muffler (s) off. It has a catalytic converter on it (California)
and an air pump which I have taken off. I was wondering if I just had a straight muffler if it would be better for the engine. Well, thanks for the reply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 07:05 AM

i see this is an old thread but, in looking for a tail light for my gtv i was wondering if there was someway to narrow the field in the for sale or wanted posts? IE key words or something or the sort? thanks for any sugestions
post #35 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 11:31 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveyoung View Post
i see this is an old thread but, in looking for a tail light for my gtv i was wondering if there was someway to narrow the field in the for sale or wanted posts? IE key words or something or the sort? thanks for any sugestions
Yes, an easy way to narrow the searches is to use Google for searching the "Parts for Sale and Wanted" forum by adding "site:abc..." to the search term. For example, searching for "gtv tail light" would look like this:
Code:
gtv tail light site:http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-parts-sale-wanted/

-Ruedi
[SIZE="1"]'63 2600 Touring Spider (AR 191437, the car that started the 2000/2600 International Register, reassembly in progress)
ex-'65 2600 SZ (AR 856043, the car in my avatar, sold as resto project to Austria)
Maintainer of a private 2600 SZ register (not the one in the Netherlands).[/SIZE]
post #36 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 01:37 PM

Thumbs up

looks a little complex but works well, thanks for the help!
post #37 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-10-2015, 06:31 PM

Hello from Louisville, KY.

Sold my Porsche 911 a few years ago...just before that stupid scalper bubble. Life has stabilized to the point I can find another "project"...I think!

On my short list is a 1750 or 2000 Berlina. Just watching them now and getting a feel of what's out there and what it goes for. Been seeing a lot of very shiny, fresh imports at premium prices. Frankly, I'm totally cool with a scruffy '74 with big bumpers as far as that goes. Tired of looking through e-Bay and Craigslist and figure this is about the best place to find one genuinely and honestly changing hands.

Thanks and cheers

Justin
post #38 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 09:07 PM

Threads

Hi,

How do you create a thread for a new topic? Don't want to hijack anyone's post.

Cheers,

Sam
post #39 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 10:11 AM
BB Janitor
Platinum SubscriberSuper Moderator

Garage
Welcome,Sam. Go to the appropriate section, click "New Topic" or "Start New Thread". (I don't know about the app thing - I only have a dumb phone.)

- - Eric
don't read this
~ 1984 Spider Veloce ~
- -~ 1981 GTV-6 ~
Mebane, North Carolina

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #40 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 09:41 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
what has happened to my subscription?? Alfaboutvegas??

oh, never mind. my computer is acting funny

Last edited by Alfaboutvegas; 05-10-2016 at 02:52 PM. Reason: found the problem, it was on my pc program
post #41 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 07:14 AM

I need ten posts before I can send a message, here comes some in rapid fire.
post #42 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 07:15 AM

thanks!

Post number two!
post #43 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 12:17 PM

Hi guys, I just joined the group. Thank you for letting me in and am excited to be apart of the fam.
post #44 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 12:56 PM

Thumbs down

Hello-

For some unknown reason the 'BB' decided I needed a new 'pass-word'...after investing over an hour(an hour I'll never get back) trying to use the new 'password' w/out success it seemed easier to re-register w/a new name/password/avatar & info.
I used to be "slam105" & had been on the ARBB for several years. So here I go w/a "new start".

Regards
post #45 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 10:30 AM

Help with signing in

Help!

I have tried several times correct this problem concerning my username. I am trying to redo my password for my username alfabits. The ABB sent me instructions for renewing an older, unused username alfalust.
I need instructions for renewing my password for my username “alfabits”.

I am a paid “Senior Member" and I can’t tell you how frustrating this is to keep getting the same canned reply for the wrong username. This has been a problem since the BB required a more complex password.

Username: alfabits
email address: gekraus at comcast dot net

Thank you
George Kraus

Last edited by alfalust; 07-21-2016 at 10:59 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode