Grille Center Hearts - GTA Style - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Grille Center Hearts - GTA Style

Is it possible to find and purchase a nice used, NOS, or reproduction center grille heart for a 105 series GTA? If so, where, and what could one expect to pay?

Thank you,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 02:53 PM
Platinum Subscriber

I believe this grille was also used on the later Super. Check this ebay auction:

Item number: 7948600425

Is that what you need?

Mike Macaulay
Seattle

69 Spider
69 GTV
74 GTV
84 Spider Veloce
18 4C Spider
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

That looks like it but the cutout at the bottom isn't quite right...too small. The cutout should be larger. I'll see if I can find a good side shot of a GTA grille heart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Here's a good side view. Note the large cutout at the bottom. The one on eBay must be for another model.
Attached Images

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 06:15 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias
Here's a good side view. Note the large cutout at the bottom. The one on eBay must be for another model.
That doesn't look like a GTA grille. That looks more like a GT/GTV GT Junior. The grille in your avatar. The GTA grilles are stamped stainless. The GT/GTV/ GT Junior is a combination of chromed pot metal with stainless fins.

Here is a GTA grille:

The one on Ebay looks pretty close a GTA grille to me. I don't think it is, though.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 06:39 PM
Gold Subscriber

GTA grille

The grille on ebay is for a late Giulia Super-the indentations along the side correspond with the horizontal bars that flank the center grille.I had one of these for years and,thinking I was sitting on a genuwine GTA grille,thought it would help fiance my retirement.Matt Jones of ReOriginals took one look at my grille and ruined my day....PS-ReOriginals (713) 849-2400 sells GTA grilles.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Jim,

The grille posted is definately a GTA grille. My avatar is a GTA grille as well as I took it directly from a picture of a GTA then modified it in Photoshop. The GT Junior grille has a hood that comes over the front of the hood which neither of these has. The grille on eBay is similar to a GTA grille but it must go to something else, but I'm not sure what. The bottom of the eBay grille and the GTA grille are definately different in that the GTA grille has a bigger bite taken out of it.

Surely, someplace sells these as reproductions. I've noticed the GT Junior style grille is being reproduced. I think I saw it on EB Spares.

Anyway, thanks for the input and pics. We'll get to the bottom of this I'm sure.

Take care,
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 08:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias
Is it possible to find and purchase a nice used, NOS, or reproduction center grille heart for a 105 series GTA? If so, where, and what could one expect to pay?

Thank you,
Try contacting AFRA in Italy. Altough their GTA page doesn't show the grille, they may have it.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 07:00 AM

Maybe this will help. I just came across this web site that has some close-up shots of Alfa grills. Check it out.
http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~ta28/photo105b.html

73 Berlina: Sold
73 GTV: SOLD 1976 Alfetta GT: Sold
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

The above pictures and linked site nailed it. The grille on eBay is for a late Super. The GTA grille does not have the indentations on the side and has a larger cutout at the bottom. I have e-mailed ReOriginals for some additional info as well. I haven't tried a Afra but may do so. Thanks for the responses. I'd still love to see if someone has a used one for sale.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode