Great GTA Replica project on E-Bay! - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 10:45 AM

It will be a pleasure!!!
Hope to see you soon
ciao

- 1964 AR Giulia Sprint GT - 1969 Lancia Fulvia Sport Zagato 1,3S - 1971 Fiat 500 L
(Green - White - Red: the perfect italian garage!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kengta

I am very interested in hearing more of your project. I also wonder if you (or any one else) might have dimensions for the aluminum oil recovery box the GTAs (corsa)had on the left side of their engine bays?
Ken I don't know of the dimensions for the oil catch tank, but I will open up the top of my dad's head when he is asleep (he sleeps heavy - every evening in front of the TV - (like most Dad's probably!)) and search through the masses of knowledge and spurious fact info (its a disorganised mess in there - he tells me it happens with age!) and see if I can find an answer then sow his head back togther! - will let you know (sorry for the poor humour- its late in the UK!)

You can keep up to date on my car on our website (at bottom of post) under the our cars section. I will be adding a new stage soon as I have plumbed in the aluminium fuel tank and fitted the racing battery in the boot etc. Have ordered all the leather for my seats so that will go on in the next month too... all very exicting... gets me day dreaming as i lie in bed rather than sleeping for many hrs!!!

[COLOR=Blue]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/COLOR]

1966 2.0 Sprint GT race car, 1967 T/S GTA Replica, 1965 FIA App.K 1600 GTA, 1965 1600 GTA Stradale RHD, 1965 1600 GTA Stradale LHD, 1966 1600 Giulia GTC, 1991 S4 Spider, 1967 1600 Duetto, 1999 2.0 916GTV (soon to be sold!) and now replaced with 2002 3.0 V6 24v 916 GTV
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 07:40 PM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Banks
You will be doing well to find a nice rust free front valance on a stored car these days!!!

Wait till I have finished my GTA Replica - and you guys in England get to see it (the rest of the world will have to make do with some photos!!!) and tell me then that you would have made it into anything else!!!

The other problem with cars like that green one is that you would have to re trim the interior - although the products available are very good, they are not original. The same for anything else that has to be replaced and detracts from the appeal of the car. It can look perfect with new parts on it and look like a mint Sprint GT, but it won't be a very original car, all detracting from the car, i think?!

What do you think?
I don't get upset if a bolt is replaced during the restoration process. Trim is no different. As long as it is 100% to the original specification then that is fine.

Cars are objects that require maintenance, if you get upset about a car having new parts on it ... then what about the oil filter, engine oil itself, brake pads, etc.

If a part wears out it should simply be replaced with the correct replacement part ... that is called maintenance. Trim wears too

Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 01:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSk
I don't get upset if a bolt is replaced during the restoration process. Trim is no different. As long as it is 100% to the original specification then that is fine.

Cars are objects that require maintenance, if you get upset about a car having new parts on it ... then what about the oil filter, engine oil itself, brake pads, etc.

If a part wears out it should simply be replaced with the correct replacement part ... that is called maintenance. Trim wears too

Pete
Its a personal thing, but a car with lots of replaced parts will never have the patina of a fully original car! If it is worn out then it does have to be replaced sure, but lets get back to the original point of this post - that green Sprint GT!! Personal opinion but I would have turned it into a GTA Replica as it was a bit of a mess and would have ended up more valuable as one! p.s. no need to be facetious about the service items!

[COLOR=Blue]
[/COLOR]

1966 2.0 Sprint GT race car, 1967 T/S GTA Replica, 1965 FIA App.K 1600 GTA, 1965 1600 GTA Stradale RHD, 1965 1600 GTA Stradale LHD, 1966 1600 Giulia GTC, 1991 S4 Spider, 1967 1600 Duetto, 1999 2.0 916GTV (soon to be sold!) and now replaced with 2002 3.0 V6 24v 916 GTV
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 06:33 PM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Banks
Its a personal thing, but a car with lots of replaced parts will never have the patina of a fully original car! If it is worn out then it does have to be replaced sure, but lets get back to the original point of this post - that green Sprint GT!! Personal opinion but I would have turned it into a GTA Replica as it was a bit of a mess and would have ended up more valuable as one! p.s. no need to be facetious about the service items!
Fair enough ... and like you say a very personal thing.

With my car I am restoring it to as it should have left the factory ... I'll re-add the patina over time Naturally where possible I will reuse the original components ...

Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode