AR 613492 - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 07:45 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Ciao Ken,
thanks for your comment.
this car is also listed on Maurizio Tabucchi . With the kind help of a member of Scuderia del Portello I am now to riconstruct the history of this car, at least as for its italian past.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by portello1966 View Post
Ciao Ken,
thanks for your comment.
this car is also listed on Maurizio Tabucchi . With the kind help of a member of Scuderia del Portello I am now to riconstruct the history of this car, at least as for its italian past.
Thanks. I would suggest you share any documents and even hearsay info you get with Martin U as an Alleggerita Registry volume revision, I think, will come.

Ciao

Ken
portello1966 likes this.

Ken Geiger, Toronto
1965 GTA, RHD, Stradale
ex- 1965 GTA, RHD, Corsa, Trans/Am 66-72
1964 Sprint GT, B-Sedan in 70's
1970 Giulia Super (CDN Spec)
1976 1600 GTj (Italian Spec)
1966 Harley Sprint (Aermacchi) 250
2000 Catalina 320, Hull #765 Northern Dream
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Ciao Ken,
thanks for your comment.
Chassis number of your car is present in Registro delle GTA-guida a sinistra, di R. Paolini, and list of LHD GTAs used for homologation in 1965. (Elenco dei numeri di telaio, guida a sinistra, GTA 105.32/A-105.02/A)
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

excellent ! thank you very much indeed
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Ciao Ken,
thanks for your comment.
Ok, so how about posting some more pictures so we can see what GTA parts still remain, see the serial number stamping, the rear gutter stamping, what engine is with it etc.

Thanks

Ken

Ken Geiger, Toronto
1965 GTA, RHD, Stradale
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARGTAReg View Post
Chassis number of your car is present in Registro delle GTA-guida a sinistra, di R. Paolini, and list of LHD GTAs used for homologation in 1965. (Elenco dei numeri di telaio, guida a sinistra, GTA 105.32/A-105.02/A)
Hello, where are your referenced documents available from.

Ciao

Ken

Ken Geiger, Toronto
1965 GTA, RHD, Stradale
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

I will ask the gentleman who is to receive the car if he feels like going PUBLIC with such sensitive details and information about his new purchase. I have inspected the car myself on October 31 2018 and obviously have those additional pictures. Photos of firewall and VIN number as well as rear gutter stamping were sent to Centro Documentazione Alfa Romeo as requested. Same as 1968 GTA 1300 Junior ar 775630 in 2016, as for mail correspondance with Mr Marco Fazio. Sorry but I am not posting photos.
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
I will ask the gentleman who is to receive the car if he feels like going PUBLIC with such sensitive details and information about his new purchase. I have inspected the car myself on October 31 2018 and obviously have those additional pictures. Photos of firewall and VIN number as well as rear gutter stamping were sent to Centro Documentazione Alfa Romeo as requested. Same as 1968 GTA 1300 Junior ar 775630 in 2016, as for mail correspondance with Mr Marco Fazio. Sorry but I am not posting photos.
Well Portello I am not sure what to say about that. Disappointed???

Having had a look at your thread starting history and posting history, it looks to me like you are (mainly) selling (or brokering?) cars and you sometimes are asking this Alfa BB for help with information about those cars.

So; disappointed you won't reciprocate.

Regards

Ken

Ken Geiger, Toronto
1965 GTA, RHD, Stradale
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i

Last edited by kengta; 11-12-2018 at 09:31 AM.
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 11:15 AM

I tread this path with trepidation....but an English gentleman said recently some things you have to say....

I do not like model number plates posted that are clearly maybe old plates with new rivets on new paint work...I believe picture now deleted.

I am nervous of commenting on threads when no chassis number/VIN posted...why on earth not; unless something to hide?

Asking for help without disclosing full details seems to me to be unfair....

Just my opinion and apologies if others disagree...

Richard
markivan likes this.
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 04:09 PM
Gold Subscriber

Richard I agree.
markivan likes this.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 01:41 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Richard I am very surprised of your post, especially after our recent ( I'll keep that private no worries ) mail corrispondance in which I explained to you why I did not contact you in the first place after what happened during and after our meeting in Tokyo in 2016 ( gta 1300 J and Ti super inspected by you ) .
You mentioned you knew this car too...and took the initiative to email me twice in the past week...
Going back to the thread :
I thank very much all that have been helpful . Less the ones insinuating a forge as soon as I posted ...or even replicating the thread ar613492 with my advert text and proprietor photos... ( find that deceiving and creepy ) will contact Admin about that.
I am not interested in your comments...nor the comments of other "english gentleman" you seem to refer to...who might have seen a post ( now deleted as the car's sold ) on a private Facebook group called "Alfa Romeo GTA/GTAM " administrated by Giaxn Luixxgi Piccxxxxhi.
I have nothing to hide and I will note tolerate being bullied . Have a good read at forum rules and have some respect for someone who has a worldwide reputation on series 105 in particular since the late '90 .
Data on cars like GTA, TI SUPER etc are for many years classified at Alfa Romeo Centro Documentazione.
To my knowledge ( and surely yours ) the majority of owners of such rare cars do not go public with photos of their VIN number and rear gutter stamping...there might be some photos ( quite common on alfabb ) ripped from websites or published without any authorization by members..
I belive you are a keen and competent collector ...I will not mention your cars for privacy reasons...I wonder if you would be comfortable having pics of your VIN number etc available on a google search. Or perhaps are you , or top collectors in the world we both know well , hiding something ? There is certainly no need to inspire people who really do forge cars ...
Besides, as I had just wrote to you privately I happen to be discrete person.
Best wishes with your archive.
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Richard I am very surprised of your post, especially after our recent ( I'll keep that private no worries ) mail corrispondance in which I explained to you why I did not contact you in the first place after what happened during and after our meeting in Tokyo in 2016 ( gta 1300 J and Ti super inspected by you ) .
You mentioned you knew this car too...and took the initiative to email me twice in the past week...
Going back to the thread :
I thank very much all that have been helpful . Less the ones insinuating a forge as soon as I posted ...or even replicating the thread ar613492 with my advert text and proprietor photos... ( find that deceiving and creepy ) will contact Admin about that.
I am not interested in your comments...nor the comments of other "english gentleman" you seem to refer to...who might have seen a post ( now deleted as the car's sold ) on a private Facebook group called "Alfa Romeo GTA/GTAM " administrated by Giaxn Luixxgi Piccxxxxhi.
I have nothing to hide and I will note tolerate being bullied . Have a good read at forum rules and have some respect for someone who has a worldwide reputation on series 105 in particular since the late '90 .
Data on cars like GTA, TI SUPER etc are for many years classified at Alfa Romeo Centro Documentazione.
To my knowledge ( and surely yours ) the majority of owners of such rare cars do not go public with photos of their VIN number and rear gutter stamping...there might be some photos ( quite common on alfabb ) ripped from websites or published without any authorization by members..
I belive you are a keen and competent collector ...I will not mention your cars for privacy reasons...I wonder if you would be comfortable having pics of your VIN number etc available on a google search. Or perhaps are you , or top collectors in the world we both know well , hiding something ? There is certainly no need to inspire people who really do forge cars ...
Besides, as I had just wrote to you privately I happen to be discrete person.
Best wishes with your archive.
Portello, it seems to me you are using bullying tactics at least with the post above, yet you "will not tolerate being bullied". Further you say you are "someone who has a worldwide reputation on series 105 in particular since the late '90" and ask for respect yet you do not care to sign your post with a real name and nor do you care to identify your business or lend your expertise to this BB. I for one do not know who you are and hence am not aware of the reputation you mention.

Still disappointed.

Ken Geiger

Ken Geiger, Toronto
1965 GTA, RHD, Stradale
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 08:17 AM
Gold Subscriber

Look there’s a real issue with cars claiming the same vin number and it’s only going to get worse. Even some “dealers” or “brokers” have been known to sell cars well knowing they are not real. Completely agree that vin numbers are a private issue except when a car is being offered for sale. I also agree that asking for background on a car raises a red flag. Sharing info amongst owners/enthusiasts is one thing but asking for help in an attempt to make a sale is quite another.
markivan likes this.
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 10:00 AM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
If I won Lotto and bought a GTA, the first thing I would do is post MY GTAs VIN plus other photos of her.

Why?, so she becomes well known as PSk's GTA.

The reason being if and when my VIN is discussed everybody knows it's my car, so less chance of somebody thinking of creating a forgery around that VIN number.

Unfortunately with the availability of alloy panels and $'s to be made, replicating valuable Alfa Romeo's has become a business model for some 😞, and if you quietly hide your car away somebody else will build a recent history around their forgery. End result is you will have to take them to court ... Heck how sad it would be if a real GTA was lost as a court case got it wrong!
Pete
donrencos and markivan like this.

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 12:00 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSk View Post
If I won Lotto and bought a GTA, the first thing I would do is post MY GTAs VIN plus other photos of her.

Why?, so she becomes well known as PSk's GTA.

The reason being if and when my VIN is discussed everybody knows it's my car, so less chance of somebody thinking of creating a forgery around that VIN number.
I agree. A well known number is harder to fake

________
Marcel - '68 GTA 1300 Junior, ex Zetor Racing Brno

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode