GTA Exhaust - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

GTA Exhaust

The good ol' GTA exhaust is back on the car. I dunno if it's me, but the car seems to rev a lot nicer with this set up. We'll see what it does for me this weekend!

Last edited by italcarguy; 05-17-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 08:03 AM

Italcargy.

Do you what db levels the car reaches during the race? I am thinking of converting to the GTA extractor.

Thanks
Zal
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

I dunno the exact numbers because I have never had it measured but it's loud enough to where I put two ear plugs in my left ear and one in my right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 09:55 AM

On the side of the states they measure the db at every race and will DQ you if the limit is exceeded. Do you not have a sound limit at your tracks?

Zal
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

All the tracks here in southern California have no sound meters because for the most part, they are out in the desert. Laguna Seca has a 92 db sound restriction and I have a Magnaflow set up for that (2 mufflers).
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 01:16 PM
Admin
Administrator

Looking good!

Cant wait to feel the "BASS in ma FACE" this weekend from that exhaust.

Simon Mestas
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2004, 04:51 PM
PSB

Jets

Any changes? or do the mega flows run about the same?
On My hot rod 1750. I went to the 2 mega flows and I sware it does not rev as quick eather? B ut I also did not do a jet change, and I have a fresh air cleaner, So I think It could also be a air cleaner thing. I have not done a High rev speed plug check, But the low speed check seemed the same as with My open side ex.
I also have no I dea if its faster or not , It seems a lot faster reving with the side ex . I find my self looking at the tack waiting for a shift with the 2 ex. with the side ex I find my self just shifting and a few Hunderd RPMs higher with the side ex.
At Sears and L. Seca we have to run the full ex. with all the intake Nose ect. I also drive it on the street and it is funner with the 2 ex. out the back. seems as if maybe it is much more tork and its quit so I can gas it more. and if I am a little side ways exiting a corner and the on coming car is a cop thay dont seem to hit there Brakes and stare anymore. Just yesterday I was running pretty hard, and Heck its Officer O mallie comeing the other way, But he didnt even notice me. Well I havent driven the car today. and do not think I will!
Peter
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2004, 07:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to Hit an Apex
Quote:
Originally posted by italcarguy
. Laguna Seca has a 92 db sound restriction

The ChampCars get by that rule don;t they?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2004, 05:12 PM
PSB

Well how did it

Run last weekend were you happy with it? How about the ?s about revs and such? as in the abouve post?
Looks fantasic
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2004, 09:02 PM

Garage
Where can this exhaust be obtained?

Glenn
1979 Sprint Veloce Mille Miglia
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2004, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

the car was noticably different and drove really nice. i am glad i switched back to this set up and am not planning on returning to a sound restricted track any time soon.

i can get some if you want it. it is far too loud for the street though. drop me a line if you still want one. [email protected]
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 02:50 PM
PSB

OK Anthony

I hate to assume, But I will assume that you think that the car revs freer with the side ex. and that you did no other changes.
This is what has happened to my 1750 with side ex. compared to my 2 meggaflows. Before in the upper thread (Check it out) we were wondering a lot of differant variables with intake cleaners etc. I think you are saying that the motor is much higher reving. any loss in lower end? Just wondering your thoughts after the weekend?
PSB
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 08:13 AM

Bought a GTA system for use in both street and trackdays, I bought it from highwoodalfa in UK.

It is approx 2,5 inch all the way. The 3 silencers are just silencers, not exhaust blockers.

I really would like to build a system like italcarguy, but they are forbidden to use in Sweden. Trafic rules etc
Attached Images

"a quarter of a mile" - Q-mile
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 06:36 AM
Supporting Vendor

We also sell a repro GTA exhaust here at Centerline. I have it on my GTV and the Stradale version (with center and rear muffler) is NOT too loud for street use at all. It sounds really nice!

We also sell the side dump, which you could just bolt on for track days if you were so inclined.

Joe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode