50 years of GTA gathering and race USA- - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 12:11 PM
m73

Getting Involved

Hi Fred,

I contacted you one month ago about getting involved and received no response. I have contacted CSRG and they told me to contact you.....so.....?

What can I do to be part of your event?

MF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Contact info-

I apologize, I try and respond right away if I get an email, please try me again, its [email protected] or call me 360-770-2279 thanks, Fred.

Last edited by justcallmefred; 09-15-2015 at 12:21 PM. Reason: spelling correction
post #18 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 12:24 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Subscribing to the thread, as I'll be there.
Andrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 12:26 PM
m73

Call

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcallmefred View Post
I apologize, I try and respond right away if I get an email, please try me again, its [email protected] or call me 360-770-2279 thanks, Fred.

Thanks Fred,

I will give you a call soon and I appreciate your prompt response.

MF
post #20 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-21-2015, 04:47 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
613949 will be there

Attached Images

post #21 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-21-2015, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Great Picture!

Thanks for posting and look forward to seeing and racing with you! Before the weeks end I will post a schedule of the weekend. I may be asking the owners for a brief bio as the track announcer has asked for it. This might include a brief history of your car and your ownership. I can promise each car owner present a copy of the poster. Non race participants also receive a small Griot's Garage detailing kit with bag as given by Richard Griot, a former, if brief, GTA owner himself. The top three race participants will receive their poster framed, I picked them up today they're spectacular! T-shirts with the same Tony Schmid artwork as on the poster will be for sale as will copies of the poster itself. There are other items that I will keep as a surprise for the time being. None of this would have been possible without sponsorship from Centerline/International, Sports Car Market, Alfa Parts and Norman Race Group and CSRG. I might also add that Alfa Romeo will be there with their display and hopefully some cars. I'm very excited about will be a truly fun and memorable celebration of these iconic Alfas both on and off the track, Fred.
GTV4EVR likes this.
post #22 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-21-2015, 05:33 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Thanks for posting and look forward to seeing and racing with you! Before the weeks end I will post a schedule of the weekend. I may be asking the owners for a brief bio as the track announcer has asked for it. This might include a brief history of your car and your ownership. I can promise each car owner present a copy of the poster. Non race participants also receive a small Griot's Garage detailing kit with bag as given by Richard Griot, a former, if brief, GTA owner himself. The top three race participants will receive their poster framed, I picked them up today they're spectacular! T-shirts with the same Tony Schmid artwork as on the poster will be for sale as will copies of the poster itself. There are other items that I will keep as a surprise for the time being. None of this would have been possible without sponsorship from Centerline/International, Sports Car Market, Alfa Parts and Norman Race Group and CSRG. I might also add that Alfa Romeo will be there with their display and hopefully some cars. I'm very excited about will be a truly fun and memorable celebration of these iconic Alfas both on and off the track, Fred.
Wow this is obviously a well oiled machine. Congrats and I hope the day goes off smoothly and the whether is great for you all.
JIm
post #23 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

More updates-

It has just been confirmed that the very car (613 069) on our poster will be brought to the event for display. This is a very important car have been driven by many of the great drivers of the day like Adamich, Zeccoli, Giunti, Galli and Christine Beckers and others and was fiited with the SA engine also. Somewhere is a thread about "what is the most important GTA?" might this be a candidate? Also our feature race will be at 3.00 on Sunday. Working on exact time for our group photo, will post details soon, Fred.
post #24 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 06:38 PM

Hello Sir,

I am reading what you have said below and it is simply not possible. I have owned GTA AR 613.069 since the late 1970's, fully documented. It has been in my extensive collection in Belgium and the car has never left Europe. I am a known collector and so is my car here for generations. If there is another GTA claiming to be this car I can tell you factually that it is indeed NOT 613.069. Alfa Romeo RIAR knows about my car in detail and will stand behind me with full documentation to support this as well.

Quote:
It has just been confirmed that the very car (613 069) on our poster will be brought to the event for display. This is a very important car have been driven by many of the great drivers of the day like Adamich, Zeccoli, Giunti, Galli and Christine Beckers and others and was fiited with the SA engine also. Somewhere is a thread about "what is the most important GTA?" might this be a candidate? Also our feature race will be at 3.00 on Sunday. Working on exact time for our group photo, will post details soon, Fred.

Last edited by BrusselsGTA; 09-23-2015 at 06:43 PM.
post #25 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 02:38 AM

Garage
Hello All.
Interesting about 613069.....would anybody like to expand on what they know about the claimants to this number?

BrusselsGTA, as a first time poster on the BB, could you please give us an introduction to yourself and your car?

For owners of genuine cars, it is often useful for future reference to publish on avenues like this forum, your known and documented history of the car in question. Even for the future, your story is out there and available at the click of a mouse.
Ask me how I know....google Alfa GTA 752556 and it comes right back to this BB and the story of a fake car at Coys in the UK......the members on this forum are largely responsible for the trail of history input that confirmed the real car's identity and put the fake out of the market.
However, one still has to be alert to the Borzacchinis and others who feed false information threaded between facts, more on that to come.....

Regards,
Vince.
post #26 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 06:12 AM
Platinum Subscriber

As moderator, I'm asking that we all stick to the main topic here: the upcoming event. Lengthy discussion of a particular car's histories etc, which I know is important, should best be on its own thread, not this one, the point of which is to organize and discuss the gathering.
Thanks.
Andrew
post #27 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Thank-you Andrew-

To all concerned I fully understand these issues and am very sympathetic. To put it simply, I'm just reporting the news in an attempt to draw attention to the event that I (and others) have worked so hard to make happen. Frankly this is not the type of attention I had in mind. These things will work themselves out, my intention is for us to gather admire and appreciate the cars, have some fun both on and off the track and all get along. Thanks for your support and very much look forward to seeing everyone, Fred.
post #28 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 02:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
As moderator, I'm asking that we all stick to the main topic here: the upcoming event. Lengthy discussion of a particular car's histories etc, which I know is important, should best be on its own thread, not this one, the point of which is to organize and discuss the gathering.
Thanks.
Andrew
I agree Andrew, and my apologies for going off-topic.
While I'm unable to make it, a couple of fellow GTA owners from Aus are making the trip over.
Best of luck with what sounds will be a wonderful event. It may well be a record for the largest gathering of pop-rivets in Italian clothing ever!
Regards,
Vince.
post #29 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-25-2015, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Take a ride in a GTA-

Anthony Rimicci has very generously put his car into service for the very popular lunchtime drive arounds both Saturday and Sunday, five opportunities each day. Sign-up at the CSRG race office, first come first served, go early for the best chance. Amount determined by the club 100% of which goes to charity, last year it raised something like $30K These are not put put sessions either, 3 hair raising laps of the iconic Sonoma (fka Sears Point) Raceway in the company of other cars. Thank-you Anthony! Rides also available in the new 4C spider (and coupe) courtesy of Alfa Romeo who will have a display and representatives present Thank-you Brandon!

Last edited by justcallmefred; 09-25-2015 at 12:41 PM. Reason: added info
post #30 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-25-2015, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Thank you Mark!

Yes a wonderful addition for people to admire these great cars that will be on hand to compliment the GTAs. Would not the beautiful new La Carrera car benefit from some additional "test" laps also giving Charity rides?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode