1300 GTA Gruppe 2 Hahn Mannheim - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2014, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

1300 GTA Gruppe 2 Hahn Mannheim

Does anyone have any detailed information about this GTA?
I know Hahn-Manheim raced a few cars in the late 60's/early 70's but never heard of any of thier cars in Gruppe 2. Feel free to post any additional pics as these are the only ones in my file.
Attached Images

1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
1968 Fiat 500 RHD
1979 Vespa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 03:12 AM

Garage
GTA HAEHN

As I remember was this GTA a 1600 chassis with alloy floor. The engine was a 1300cc Quattrovalvole. Bernd Fischer raced this car until the early 80's here in Germany . You should ask BB member Alleggerita. He knows more about this GTA.

Saluti da Germania

Ralph
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 10:51 AM

The car is 613124, according my information the car Jochen Maas was starting his career
after Helmut Hähn gave him the chance.
Later in mid or late 70ies the car has been heavy modified to 660 kgs in the german silhouette race, driven by Bernd Fischer, he and Helmut Hähn doing a lot of development to the car, lots of titanium was included , 16 valv head, 11 inch wide wheels, titanium axles,
aluminium rollcage and more.
So far I know the car is now in USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 11:01 AM

Haehn was a large Alfa dealer in Mannheim/Germany and one of the more prolific GTA shops in Germany from early on winning many Group 2 events particularly in the southwest of Germany. Tests of his race GTA's in Group 2 trim were featured in the automotive magazine "Auto, Motor und Sport" in the late 60's. As pointed out above, many well known drivers that include Jochen Mass, Gerhard Schueler, Bern Fischer and many others that were in one or another way involved with Haehn.

The early career of the car in the pictures above was in Group 2 with Gerhard Schueler. Schueler had a bad accident at Monza with a GTA-SA and later owned the discotheque Dorian Gray at Frankfurt airport, as well as a restaurant on top of the Frankfurt TV tower (Europa Turm).

The later carrer of the car was in Group 4/5 - GT and Special GT. At this point it was highly modified, mostly with aid from the expertise from its driver Bernd Fischer who continues to own a CNC machine shop that is involved in providing parts for Formula 1, DTM, aerospace and medical industry.

Fischer CNC-Technik GmbH

A detailed history of 613124 participation in various events is in the second edition of Alleggerita.

The last time I saw 613124 being used in anger was when it was driven by Helmut Haehn at a historic event at the Nurburgring sometime in the late 80's. A picture of it in that configuration with a 1300 4-valve engine is in the first edition of Alleggerita.

The picture shown in this thread must be fairly recent, as in that location in Haehn's shop there used to be a lot more cars, GTA's, GTA juniors and GTAm, at times being store one on top of another. Haehn sold the cars off over the years. To my knowledge 613124 was one of the last ones to go.

The MA-BF 555 license plate shown on the car was typical for Haehn where the second set of letters usually reflected the initials of the driver, eg BF for Bernd Fischer.

Last edited by Alleggerita; 07-01-2014 at 11:07 AM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for the info guys!

Does Anyone have any info on those 11inch wide wheels if they are custom and what tires they were running?

Also those don't appear to be GTA Jr fenders correct? They seems to be a little wider, maybe custom?

1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
1968 Fiat 500 RHD
1979 Vespa
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2015, 12:53 PM

The wheels if I remember correctly were 3-piece BBS racing wheels - pretty common at the time. Tires were slicks. Not sure what brand right now. Fenders were likely developed in-house by Haehn. Someone else may know more.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2015, 12:55 PM

BTW Bernd Fischer passed away in an MVA a while ago. The company continues to exist.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2015, 09:21 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleggerita View Post
BTW Bernd Fischer passed away in an MVA a while ago. The company continues to exist.
Bernd died about 20 years ago on the way back from Italy in his car. He was in Settimo Milanese to make a deal with Autodelta for the Production of Race Parts for them.

Saluti da Germania

Ralph
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2015, 05:48 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
The wheels if I remember correctly were 3-piece BBS racing wheels - pretty common at the time. Tires were slicks. Not sure what brand right now. Fenders were likely developed in-house by Haehn. Someone else may know more.
On my Gtam, when it had been modded to the max, it had 3 piece Speedlines and tires that could have fit an F2 of the time.
I still have them.

Regards, Alberto
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-31-2015, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguirola View Post
On my Gtam, when it had been modded to the max, it had 3 piece Speedlines and tires that could have fit an F2 of the time.
I still have them.

Regards, Alberto
Very nice, do you have any pictures or specs?

Quote:
Thank for the info Alleggerita,
I would assume Hahn would have to be running 275-315 Tires to contain those 11 inch wheels right? I can't seem to find anything that relatively comes close to it in 13 inches.

1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
1968 Fiat 500 RHD
1979 Vespa
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-31-2015, 11:53 PM

Scuderia GTA

Hello,

here are two pics of the car from the mid 1980th (?).
That was a gathering of the Scuderia GTA that took place on the Nürburgring. On the grid standing before the 16V Hähn GTA is the GTA of Jürgen Zehra, that has been sold/offered recently.

Anybody know wich GTA the second one is thats standing left to the
16 V GTA?

Best regards

Christian
Attached Images

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 05:55 AM

n. 81 AR776005, n80 AR613124, '851027 Nürburgring
n. 2 AR613600(?), n. 39 AR613124, '850818 Nürburgring

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode