1/24 gta 1300 questions
my name is Filippo and i am from Monza, Italy.
i think to be a lucky guy, because i am the owner of more than one old car that are the real passion of my life.
but i can bet i could never afford a gta in my whole life.
not a nightmare problem.
as gta is one of my favourite car and i am model builder i decided to build a tamiya one with scale productions transkit of fibrglass fender version.
1300 gta junior will be the model
i am quite a maniac for models, and i like to modify them.
some points aren't clear for me and i need your help please:
1) group 2, 4, 5
- all these cars raced with autodelta bubble wheelarches similar to gtam?
- what where the major differences and how to recognize them?
- any big external difference (mechanical too) remember we are doing a model. doesn't need a "bore and stroke answer" lol!
- does group 2 and 4 have in 1970-75 the full interior for law?
- when the full cage front roll bar came?
3) engine head
- in which parts car racing in Italy had the "narrow head"? most of them, winning ones, only few.
4) fuel injection
- all the narrow head cars have it? any narrow head was raced with carburetors?
5) external mirror
in majority of period pictures flared gtas don't have them. and gtams are shown with closed stock mirror. any rules about them at that time?
hope you can help me
We have a even better model forum over at Ferrarichat with many threads. Also automotive forums is a great site for model car building.
To your questions, all the factory GTAM's and GTA M JR's had flares and narrow heads/fuel injection if they raced in the European Touring car Championship. Rollbars seem to have started in mid 1970 on the factory cars. They did keep the rear seats in most factory GTA M 1300 cars due to the rules.
Tom Tanner/Scale Designs/Ferrari Expo 2012-Chicago March 2012
Collectables, Literature, & Models - FerrariChat.com
I would take the Gunze Kit of either 1750 or 2000 GTAM which existed in both plastic onloy as well as in hybrid metal/plastic version. This has got already the wider wheel arches "factory build"
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:03 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002-2011 AlfaBB.com All Rights Reserved.