Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/)
-   GTA (1965-1975) (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/gta-1965-1975/)
-   -   What might be the worth of a race version GTA? (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/gta-1965-1975/176977-what-might-worth-race-version-gta.html)

aguirola 02-23-2011 03:56 PM

What might be the worth of a race version GTA?

What might be the worth of a race version GTA, in 100% restored condition done by a major GTA expert, 0 Miles, ready to race? It would have to be a very kosher car.
Not a factory racer, virtually very little history.

Not selling anything, or buying, just an informative question, if there is anything to go by. I am aware that GTA's are not much on markets, and seldom are available.

Thank you.
Regards, Alberto

aldo 02-23-2011 04:34 PM

Two gazillion more than I have. (That's in US dollars)

Zagato_Olaf 02-24-2011 04:10 AM

More specific

876 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by aguirola (Post 979011)
What might be the worth of a race version GTA, in 100% restored condition done by a major GTA expert, 0 Miles, ready to race? It would have to be a very kosher car.

Not selling anything, or buying, just an informative question, if there is anything to go by. I am aware that GTA's are not much on markets, and seldom are available.

Thank you.
Regards, Alberto

Hello Alberto,

I think you have to be more specific. What is 100% restored? Are all the GTA Corsa components present? Which upgrades does the car have for modern racing? Do you have pictures?

Ciao, Olaf

Veep 02-24-2011 04:21 AM

Alfina C. Bovensiepen

asking price of this one is 115.000,-, fresh rebuild with engine to choice.

Think anything in this region, or less when no history and no fresh rebuild.

elderly 02-26-2011 05:20 AM

There was a 1600 GTA race car sold in the Coys auction at the Autosport Show in London last month,
not restored, so it doesn't answer your question but somebody paid 46,600for it including the auctioneer's buyers' premium.

Alleggerita 02-26-2011 07:23 AM

Even though the car sports a 1600 engine it is a 1300 GTA junior - 105.59

While FIA race prepped, hardly original nor restored.

http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/find...lCarID=1819305

Quote:

Originally Posted by elderly (Post 979729)
There was a 1600 GTA race car sold in the Coys auction at the Autosport Show in London last month,
not restored, so it doesn't answer your question but somebody paid 46,600for it including the auctioneer's buyers' premium.

aguirola 02-26-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zagato_Olaf (Post 979184)
Hello Alberto,

I think you have to be more specific. What is 100% restored? Are all the GTA Corsa components present? Which upgrades does the car have for modern racing? Do you have pictures?

Ciao, Olaf

Olaf, as I mentioned, it was, and is a hypothetical question. Mostly seeking price ranges and possible market situation. Please feel free to comment in the variations you might consider appropriate.

Thank you.
Regards, Alberto

Veep 02-27-2011 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aguirola (Post 979846)
Olaf, as I mentioned, it was, and is a hypothetical question. Mostly seeking price ranges and possible market situation. Please feel free to comment in the variations you might consider appropriate.

Thank you.
Regards, Alberto

so what is your aim then with the question?

As far as I can see on the www asking prices range from 115.000 to 135.00o euro. bit depending I guess on history on the car. Bottom is the 115.000 for a freshly prepped car, but that is not sold yet as far as I know?

The only thing that really matters is the price cars are really sold for, that is the market value. and that difficult if buyer and seller don`rt want anybody to know what the deal was....

Zagato_Olaf 02-27-2011 08:16 AM

Value of a Giulia GTA

876 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by aguirola (Post 979846)

Thank you.
Regards, Alberto

Hello Alberto,

I think the best thing you can do is to check out recent auction results for GTA cars in a similar condition. And check out asking prices in advertisements. I am not an expert on GTA cars and its values. Check out Hemmings and Anamera and sites like that. There is also a book which states cars sold by the well known auction houses. You might also have a look at: Classic car auction results from leading classic car sale rooms with analysis by Richard Hudson-Evans

Good luck! Ciao, Olaf

CanAmBob 02-27-2011 08:58 AM

GTA prices

Quote:

Originally Posted by aguirola (Post 979011)

Thank you.
Regards, Alberto

Alberto a restored street GTA sold for $225K in SoCal last summer. The sales price depends on many issues. I would add $25k or more to this price for a real Autodelta GTA and then start adding for the race the race history. Some of my friends with real AutoDelta GTA's with significant race history would not sell for $300K. The biggest issue you now face is competition from fake GTA's muddying up the waters so good provenance really determines the price with knowledgeable buyers.

aguirola 02-27-2011 04:31 PM

Ok, thank you all. This was more or less what I wished to hear and see, thus, the point of my question. Strictly instructive and appreciated.

Regards, Alberto

fredwinia 02-28-2011 09:33 AM

Considering the costs of a full restoration i think 225 000 is still not expensive.

Not much GTA's with all the proper parts left. I think 300 000 $ is good guideline for a car with all the proper parts.

Hard to proof race history though.

Restoring a car is very costly.

fredwinia 02-28-2011 09:45 AM

Lets say the 1300 gta sold for 46600 pound then you have to add a full restoration which can easily cost 100 000 $ depending on the car ofcourse.

CanAmBob 02-28-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredwinia (Post 980498)
Considering the costs of a full restoration i think 225 000 is still not expensive.

Not much GTA's with all the proper parts left. I think 300 000 $ is good guideline for a car with all the proper parts.

Hard to proof race history though.

Restoring a car is very costly.

Fred I concur restoration costs are always way more than you estimate. Plus the correct parts are getting harder and harder to find.

I spent over a year and many hundreds of hours documenting the race history on my GTA. The SCCA Archivist Pete Hylton helped plus reading lots of old AW (competition Press) want ads plus interviewing all past owners.
It is tedious work but worth the effort.

fredwinia 02-28-2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanAmBob (Post 980505)
Fred I concur restoration costs are always way more than you estimate. Plus the correct parts are getting harder and harder to find.

I spent over a year and many hundreds of hours documenting the race history on my GTA. The SCCA Archivist Pete Hylton helped plus reading lots of old AW (competition Press) want ads plus interviewing all past owners.
It is tedious work but worth the effort.

I know i own several cars. Did several restorations. 100 000 $ is on the conservative side for a restoration.

My brother by the way finished our GTA will ask him to send some pictures.