What might be the worth of a race version GTA? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 10:36 AM

Camambob. What is your idea about the gta's dashboards. It is written that(some) early autodelta cars had plastic dashboards. Mine has the other one the paper kinda stuff one.

It is easy to buy a new plastic dashboard. But the öriginal"(matt grey) paper dashboard you cant buy anymore. As far as i know. Most of the time those parts are missing with the cars used as racing cars.

To me it seems alfa did not make those dashboards out of that material for nothing.

In the old days they had to race with the original interior as far as i know.

Last edited by fredwinia; 02-28-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredwinia View Post
Camambob. What is your idea about the gta's dashboards. It is written that(some) early autodelta cars had plastic dashboards. Mine has the other one the paper kinda stuff one.

It is easy to buy a new plastic dashboard. But the öriginal"(matt grey) paper dashboard you cant buy anymore. As far as i know. Most of the time those parts are missing with the cars used as racing cars.

To me it seems alfa did not make those dashboards out of that material for nothing.

Fred I believe the all the early GTAs had the paper dash or at least the RHD ones. My RHD Autodelta GTA still had the original paper dash when I purchased it. This paper dash was used on early GTV's as well per Roman. When Roman restored my GTA he used the original dash.

You can still find these pressed paper dashboards but they are getting rare.

The early Trans-Am Group 2 rules required the standard interior. You could remove the floor mats and back seat but the GTA's had to keep the back seat because there was no solid firewall blocking the trunk and fuel tank. Someone may correct me on this one.

Bob
1970 Ti 22 MkII

Last edited by CanAmBob; 02-28-2011 at 02:29 PM.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 04:37 PM

Garage
Here is my own GTA sales watch list from the past 2 years. It also includes some currently available. This is not a complete list of all sales, only those published and easily found by me on a casual basis. ie, not really looking but saved the infomation when it came up. All are non US based.
A= restored, B= current use, C= non-runner. approx. $USk.
1600 race, B, 73k. 1300 strada, B, 85k. 1600strada, A, 95k.
1600 race, C, 65k. 1300/1600eng.race, B, 72k. 1300 race, A, 160k.
1600 race, A, 175k. 1600strada plusA/D bits, A, 161k. 1600 race,A, 150k.
1600 race AutoDelta, A, 185k. 1300/1600strada, A, 111k.
1300strada plus, A, 145k.
From previous posts there seems to be 2 distinct markets; on average it obviously costs a lot more to buy a GTA in the US than elswhere.
Cheers,
Vince.

Last edited by vsharp; 02-28-2011 at 04:50 PM. Reason: add
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 06:19 PM

There's is a fiberglass dashboard that was originally fitted to Autodelta factory cars. It is covered by black crackle, has a glove box but no door. It was fastened with the same screws and washers that are commonly used on the Giulia Super dash. It looks different than any replica dash currently available. This dash may have been only available for LHD; that is I've never seen a RHD version.

Grey cardboard with vinyl top and surround was stock on all 613... 1600's whether LHD or RHD. Faux wood only on 848... 1600's and GTA junior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredwinia View Post

post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 07:46 PM

Autodelta Dash questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleggerita View Post
There's is a fiberglass dashboard that was originally fitted to Autodelta factory cars. It is covered by black crackle, has a glove box but no door. It was fastened with the same screws and washers that are commonly used on the Giulia Super dash. It looks different than any replica dash currently available. This dash may have been only available for LHD; that is I've never seen a RHD version.

Grey cardboard with vinyl top and surround was stock on all 613... 1600's whether LHD or RHD. Faux wood only on 848... 1600's and GTA junior.
Roman has worked on three original RHD Autodelta GTA's and they all had the pressed paper dash. So maybe this is something on RHD Autodelta cars. A friend has an early LHD Autodelta and it has the fiberglass dash. The more I dig into these cars the more I find out that to get a complete accurate picture you need a committee of three of the top people as they all have pieces of info the others don't.

Bob
1970 Ti 22 MkII
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 08:24 PM

Here's a picture from another thread: original fiberglass dash installed in 613050.
Attached Images

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 03:16 PM

Autodelta dash

My 1300 GTA racer has the same dash from Autodelta, came from GTA 613054 , former car of mine.Never saw such dash in RHD version.

Uli
Attached Images

Alfa 1600 GTA Autodelta Alfa 1300 GTA/J Autodelta 4V Alfa GTAm Alfa GTV6 DPM GP A Ex-Dr.Marko
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Baumgarten-Automobiltechnik.de

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode