LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #376 of 395 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 01:14 PM

ELF GT Am

Some examples of French Blue
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #377 of 395 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 11:27 PM

cars of SRT Holland with the Elf sponsering were both defintitely not french bleu.(see pics of the Boshuis GTA, next to the capri were the sides are blue, so no discolorisation there in the picture... It was a dutch racing team.. So it was and is more logical the color in the Elf logo is the base color, as can be seen in the picture of the car on the trailer. (the one that was not photoshopped...)
In your first and last picture you can clearly see the color in the Elf logo, which is way of the color on the car. On the Engeman GTAM the body color and the logo color are the same. You ignore my posting on research on the base color of the Elf logo which changed . Really too bad I cannot find the picture anymore with both cars from SRT on it.
but never mind, you are going a long way to have it your way, you can have it ..no use this kind of discussion, mainly not in historical perspective..

see page 5 of this topic, post #62 , Hezemans car, SRT, Elf sponsoring. Far from french blue. Logical because dutch team, not french, and in this period the classic color schemes were allready left...
Zagato_Olaf likes this.

Last edited by Veep; 03-09-2017 at 12:59 AM.
post #378 of 395 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 01:38 AM

Quote:
P.S. To limit the obvious misinterpretation that some pranksters continuously present to my comments, I have to say that I am not hiding and that I can post my own image without problems. This are recent ones and I would appreciate the same from those severe critics of my opinions. Otherwise, private observations should be omitted from the forum treads.
???? Your opinion is your opinion, in fact they are more private observations, in my opinion based on wrong info, and not being open to some clear info presented. That does mean your personal opinions are no facts. Maybe for you they are, for me (and maybe others ) not. No reason to either since there is sufficient proof to question your opinion(s) , on this topic it is..

I am not hiding too, in fact, a picture says nothing without a name. refering to critics as pranksters is no decent way to discuss imho.
I am not impressed by the quoted statements, it only is noise detracting from the issue, again imho..
But since you seem to like noise, if it helps you: you can google me on walter van vollenhoven Alfa Romeo (that added gets the most valid hits..) or look at my FB. Sorry most pictures are in car, and with helmet on. You can find some without though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #379 of 395 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veep View Post
???? Your opinion is your opinion, in fact they are more private observations, in my opinion based on wrong info, and not being open to some clear info presented. That does mean your personal opinions are no facts. Maybe for you they are, for me (and maybe others ) not. No reason to either since there is sufficient proof to question your opinion(s) , on this topic it is..

I am not hiding too, in fact, a picture says nothing without a name. refering to critics as pranksters is no decent way to discuss imho.
I am not impressed by the quoted statements, it only is noise detracting from the issue, again imho..
But since you seem to like noise, if it helps you: you can google me on walter van vollenhoven Alfa Romeo (that added gets the most valid hits..) or look at my FB. Sorry most pictures are in car, and with helmet on. You can find some without though.
You are right. I have not considered your inquire and that is obviously my fault. I am sure that nobody has examined better the car’s history than you as owner. My intention was to underline the fact that French sponsored cars were French Blue as color. As you pointed that your car was Netherlands racing team provenience, it is possible that ELF was not exclusive sponsor. In that case, the color of the car could be different. I found GTA J in Zandvoort 1972 race that is green as the car posted by Olaf…So that green could be also some kind of Netherland’s traditional color. Sorry for misguide.
P.S. The hiding party was not adressed to you in no way. You are clearly out of that story
Attached Images

post #380 of 395 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 06:39 PM

Garage
So, just to clarify the color question, it appears that the Elf SRT cars were a blue (but not french blue) and later they changed to green with the 4711/irish moss sponsorship?
post #381 of 395 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 01:10 AM

No, they were two completely different teams. The colour of the Stichts Racing Team - S.R.T. - cars were white with the Dutch stripes on the front until '68 (TI Super with Hans Oskamp and Henk van Zalinge, GTA with Nico Chiotakis and Johnny Muller), B.F. Woltering ran the team. The cars were white in '70 (GTAJ with Wim Boshuis, already sponsored by Elf), red and later Giallo Ocra in '70 (GTAm with Hezemans sponsored by Elf, too), and that kind of dark turquoise in '71 (GTAm with Liane Engeman, later Jan van der Pol, GTAJ with Frans Lubin and Wim Boshuis). In '72 only the GTAJ with Boshuis was left.
Team 4711 - Sir >Irish Moss< was a rival team in '71 only with a GTAm with Nico Chiotakis and a GTAJ with Bob van der Sluis who won the nat. championship that year. The team was run by Sam van Lingen, the cars had a much brighter turquoise, exactly like the colour of the Eau de Cologne which is more green.
Veep likes this.
post #382 of 395 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 01:27 AM

Hi Martinue

Thank you and some others for this very interesting thread. The last post raises some interesting questions - like who owned the cars? - but I'll leave that question for another day.

Richard
post #383 of 395 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 02:23 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinue View Post
No, they were two completely different teams. The colour of the Stichts Racing Team - S.R.T. - cars were white with the Dutch stripes on the front until '68 (TI Super with Hans Oskamp and Henk van Zalinge, GTA with Nico Chiotakis and Johnny Muller), B.F. Woltering ran the team. The cars were white in '70 (GTAJ with Wim Boshuis, already sponsored by Elf), red and later Giallo Ocra in '70 (GTAm with Hezemans sponsored by Elf, too), and that kind of dark turquoise in '71 (GTAm with Liane Engeman, later Jan van der Pol, GTAJ with Frans Lubin and Wim Boshuis). In '72 only the GTAJ with Boshuis was left.
Team 4711 - Sir >Irish Moss< was a rival team in '71 only with a GTAm with Nico Chiotakis and a GTAJ with Bob van der Sluis who won the nat. championship that year. The team was run by Sam van Lingen, the cars had a much brighter turquoise, exactly like the colour of the Eau de Cologne which is more green.
Hello Martin, thanks for your input. With so much discussion of blue vs blue vs green being talked about & pictures of both in the same thread, it was hard to realize they were actually different teams, not the same with different sponsors at times! Thanks for the clarification: and the description of 'dark turquoise' might well explain why it is difficult to judge the blue color in old photos.
Vince.
post #384 of 395 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 06:32 AM

The shades of petrol/turqoise I (my personal opinion on that, regretfully no hard proof) think were possibly in line with the basecolor of the car on trailer and the Boshuis GTA do react on kind of light, even sun or clouded weather, being inside and kind of light inside. I have pictures of different light conditions and allways slightly different color. Outside in natural light it seems more blue, inside under TL more green.

see pictures in album Barnfind! on this page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/geldersr...os/?tab=albums

Last edited by Veep; 03-10-2017 at 06:35 AM.
post #385 of 395 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 11:57 AM

Green GTAs

Well, it is not GT Am, but it is definitely green…
Attached Images

post #386 of 395 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 12:02 PM

......and the following pic definitely shows neither blue nor green, so what would you like to express showing the Ausca pic ?
Attached Images

post #387 of 395 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 01:17 AM

a new color picture surfaced . You can see the difference in color on car, and the harder blue part of the dutch flag. Clearly the car is some blue/green mixture. My green of choice seems to be a bit too green, should be some more blue in it.
Attached Images

Last edited by Veep; 06-25-2018 at 02:49 AM.
post #388 of 395 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 02:48 AM

and another one! different green than the team GTA (Boshuis) it seems too.
Attached Images

Zagato_Olaf likes this.
post #389 of 395 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Zagato_Olaf
Had a quick search

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARGTAReg View Post
It is just expsure or print error
Hello fellow alfa bb-ers,

I had a search on the internet.
Found a series from our Dutch television.
It is called "Andere tijden sport" which translates into sometime like "Sports back then".
This episode is about Liane. I have seen it on television back then.
Look at the pictures in the link towards our alfaclub forum.
The car is definitely green in this picture. Same picture, other exposure.
I will ask Liane herself.

https://forum.alfaclub.nl/viewtopic.php?t=80095

The pictures have copyright. Sources on the picture.

Ciao, Olaf

Olaf Roeten a.k.a. Zagato_Olaf, Bussum, The Netherlands

Last edited by Zagato_Olaf; 03-06-2019 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Additional info instead of a single copyright picture.
post #390 of 395 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Zagato_Olaf
The colour is described as Petrol to Turquoise

Hello fellow members,

I got a message from Liane herself and from the son of the teammanager as well.

They both said that the colour on the cars that year was a mid between green and blue. They descrbed it as petrol or petrol blue. It is sligjty more green than the blue part in the Elf logo on the side. The picture of the Boshuis car is reflecting the colour quite good. For me, it resembles the colour Alfa Romeo colour Bluette with a little more green. some people describe it as more turquoise. A tribute car has recently been painted in that colour.

Olaf Roeten a.k.a. Zagato_Olaf, Bussum, The Netherlands

Last edited by Zagato_Olaf; 03-09-2019 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Additional info 2

Tags
chassisnumbers, gta, gtam

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode