1750 s1 seats - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 03:58 AM Thread Starter

1750 s1 seats

Hi guys,
I am restoring a 1969 GTV - originally a Bluette with amaranto sets, currently a metallic blue with beige seats. I have searched all around to find the original basket weave seats in the right red vinyl, but it seems to be impossible. Having talked to my upholstery guy, the solution seems to be to find the vinyl and then he will try to replicate the basket weave part in the best possible way.

The question is the following: Classic Alfa claims to have amaranto red skai in rolls. I contacted them asking if this is the right one for a 1750 GTV s1, but they are not sure, they tell me that "usually customers buy this for spiders".

Does anyone know if this amaranto skai could be the one to use for my GTV?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 04:41 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Talk to your upholsterer about dyeing the vinyl. It's done all of the time.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 07:51 AM

Try Matt at re-originals in Texas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr105 View Post
Hi guys,
I am restoring a 1969 GTV - originally a Bluette with amaranto sets, currently a metallic blue with beige seats. I have searched all around to find the original basket weave seats in the right red vinyl, but it seems to be impossible. Having talked to my upholstery guy, the solution seems to be to find the vinyl and then he will try to replicate the basket weave part in the best possible way.

The question is the following: Classic Alfa claims to have amaranto red skai in rolls. I contacted them asking if this is the right one for a 1750 GTV s1, but they are not sure, they tell me that "usually customers buy this for spiders".

Does anyone know if this amaranto skai could be the one to use for my GTV?

Thanks in advance.
Have you asked Classic Alfa if they can have your colour made in series 1 GTV seats
They can also send you a sample of the material. I do not see a basket weave however only see IN301 ALFA RED VINYL SKAI

"We have rolls of the correct original style Skai pattern vinyl to suit all 105 Series cars. This dark red colour is also described as burgundy or Bordeaux. If you need a section to complete a trim job or repair a seat panel, then you can order the material by the metre. Rolls are 1.4m wide and the price is per 1 metre length." not described as Amaranto however.

Yes try Matt Jones, and the other usual euro suppliers and also the Italian suppliers.

BTW you do not say were you are. Nor do you say if your series 1 1969 GTV is Euro or USA version as the front seats differ.

I also think dyeing is an option, but what colour to start with. Ask your upholsterer.

Ciao

Ken

Ken Geiger, Toronto
1965 GTA, RHD, Stradale
ex- 1965 GTA, RHD, Corsa, Trans/Am 66-72
1964 Sprint GT, B-Sedan in 70's
1970 Giulia Super (CDN Spec)
1976 1600 GTj (Italian Spec)
1966 Harley Sprint (Aermacchi) 250
2000 Catalina 320, Hull #765 Northern Dream
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

Thank you all for your answers @ken, you are right, I did not share more details.
I live in Switzerland, the car is originally suisse. So it is about EUR suppliers.
My upholsterer feels more comfortable with getting the right material and replicating the pattern (maybe close to that, I am posting a pic of what he can do) rather than dyeing. In the latter case the color accuracy could be an issue.
Attached Images

1969 1750 GTV
1991 Spider 2.0
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 11:47 PM
Gold Subscriber

the original texalfa with the correct pattern is available in Italy , for sure both in Cinghiale ( brown ) and Nerofumo ( black ) . having restored a number of 1750 GTV sr 1 in past year, I happen to know the wholesale stockist as well as a artisan company that makes really nice pre cut seat cover that require very little adjustment to fit.
The real leather is far more difficult to find if not impossible.
Do send me a private message I'd be happy to help.
Attached Images

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Still searching...

Unfortunately I do not have enough posts to PM you or answer to PMs - apologies for that.
Any help is still welcome, as I have not figured out how to go around it.

Classic Alfa has sent me a sample, but made clear that they cannot produce basket weave in red.
My upholsterer can get very close to the pattern, but only if he handles leather, so not original - cannot use Classic Alfa's Skai rolls to do it.

So I am left only with dyeing, which the guys I know cannot promise it will be durable and on top I will need to see how to treat all the rest of the interior to match the color.

Thank you for any input - Lars if you have received the seats in leather, please share photos and experiences!

1969 1750 GTV
1991 Spider 2.0
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 07:04 PM

portello1966 , the seats are beautiful.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 12:18 AM
Gold Subscriber

thank you ! back in year 2003...when into car restoration....we had seats covers made by artisan with original texalfa material ( here in version cinghiale ) . they require very little adjustments ...once the rest of the seats ( chassis and inner parts ) are ready are an easy fit .
Attached Images

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 01:33 AM

The 1750 S1 seats never came in Nerofumo which translates to dark gray;
The 1750 S1 seats did come in black plastic but this translates to (tessuto plastif, NERO) 105.44.58.001.10 See pages 488 and 489 of the 1750 GTV Spare parts catalogue.

There were only 2 options for leather in the 1750 GTV S1, they were the Bertone De Luxe option in either dark brown (Pelle testa di moro) or red (pelle rossa).
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by portello1966 View Post
the original texalfa with the correct pattern is available in Italy , for sure both in Cinghiale ( brown ) and Nerofumo ( black ) . having restored a number of 1750 GTV sr 1 in past year, I happen to know the wholesale stockist as well as a artisan company that makes really nice pre cut seat cover that require very little adjustment to fit.
The real leather is far more difficult to find if not impossible.

Last edited by Steve105; 10-07-2019 at 02:05 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode