Alfa Romeo Forums banner

GTV Hood Adjustment Query

4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Gubi 
#1 ·
The trailing edge of my GTV hood (latch side) sits about 1/4" high of the body. One would think this would be easy to adjust, but I see no obvious height adjustment in the mechanism: the latch on the body and the counter-latch on the hood both appear vertically fixed. It's not hitting the rubber stops so that's not the issue.

Any easy suggestions here before I just try randomly trying crap?

#4 ·
It's proud along the entire cowl. Yeah, if there were washers in there or some way to adjust the latch it would be easy. It just seems like the latch is too high, but there's no way to lower it. It's a pickle.

#10 ·
It just seems like the latch is too high, but there's no way to lower it.
OK, so temporarily unbolt the latch from the firewall and then close the hood. Does it close the same way or is it now flush? If it closes flush, you know the latch position is the issue.

You may need some sort of hook to lift the hood when the latch and its coil spring aren't pushing it up.

#9 ·
Gubi- don't forget, or maybe you didn't know, the height of the front edge of the cowl is height adjustable by using the threaded windshield washer posts and their locknuts underneath. I need to fine tune this adjustment myself sometime soon. My cowl has not been exactly level side to side since it was off during R&R of the wiper motor and linkage mechanism. I too noticed a variance in height of what first appeared to be the hood but turned out to be the cowl. The hood/cowl/fender/rubber bump stop relationship adjustment requires at least 4 hands and two pair of eyes, I think.

#11 ·
It's definitely not the cowl alignment. And it's not the rubber seal or the rubber stops.

I'll mess around with it some more, see if I can come up with something clever.

#12 ·
At the end of the day it just looks like the latch somehow got bent. I did some high quality percussive engineering (i.e., I whaled on it with a hammer a bit) until it was bent a little lower. Hood is pretty much level now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.