105 GTV 2000 Before and After - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 05:48 AM Thread Starter

105 GTV 2000 Before and After

After 9 years of rolling restoration she is finally ready for many miles in her new configuration.

I have done many modifications to make her more comfortable, safer and reliable ride while keeping the essence of the 105 model. Took two of my 7 grandkids for a ride today and the look on their faces was so warming.

Some of the changes made are: A/C and battery in Boot, Relays on lights and starter motor, Electric aerial, Electric Radiator Fan, Later GTV side mirrors, Bonnet (Hood) and Boot (truck) release levers on RHS, Berlina centre console with Voltmeter/Clock and A/C outlets.
Attached Images

Del, 1750GT, horsewidower and 7 others like this.

Tim
1975 105 GTV 2000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 06:27 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Nice job, Tim!

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 06:49 AM

An inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 02:26 PM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
Great colour change!

Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 03:28 PM

Garage
Verrrrrrrrrry nice !!! Where did the seats come from??

[B][I][U]Current[/U][/I][/B]
1984 Spider Veloce Deluxe
1969 GT 1300 JR
1969 1750 Spica Spider Veloce
1963 MGB
1952 MG TD
Others??!!!😃😃
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 03:33 PM

Great job, inside & out!

Looks spectacular...

'74 2000 GTV - Robinia Metallizzato, '73 1.3 Giulia Super - Giallo Prototipo, '68 1750 S1 Berlina - Verde Oliva Metallizzato
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 08:47 PM

Congrats! That’s really sweet, and I must say the centre console works. The purist in me is arguing but it really does, love the way you’ve used that to incorporate the A/C vents.

Alister
1973 105 GTV (Alfa #6 of 19 owned)
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 04:38 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the kind words guys. Regarding the seats they are the original ones restored using a high quality vinyl and using the same original stitch pattern.

The arms rests are the original ones, I just peeled off the old red leather and underneath were brand new looking ones.

I tried to keep any mods as Italian as possible hence using a Berlina centre console that used air vents from a Super Nouva, alfa clock and the fours switches are from 105s. Only the Volt meter is non Italian as I could not find one that matched the rest of them. I still have the original centre console so the next owner can change it if they wish.

Tried to use the A/C switches from a 116 GTV but it was too big and did not look right so I used the one supplied with the after market A/C system.

Tim
1975 105 GTV 2000
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 07:06 AM

That looks fantastic, can you show photo’s of the battery re location, I’m about to do the same thing and any tips or suggestions are most welcome
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 08:14 PM

Garage
But, ‘where’ did you get the seats from? Or rather, the seat covers. Thanks!

1969 GT 1300 JR
1963 MGB
1952 MG TD
Others??!!!😃😃
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 06:22 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachtman View Post
But, ‘where’ did you get the seats from? Or rather, the seat covers. Thanks!
A few sources for seat covers....World Upholstery...Classic Alfa....Esposito Tapezzeria.

1971 1750 GTV 105.48 (sold), 1972 1300GTJunior (sold)
1969 1750 GTV 105.5 , 1972 Montreal
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 12:00 AM

love the interior and 2 tone door panels... so nice !

Does the a/c compressor bog down the engine or do modern compressors not consume much hp. Is it nice and cold ?
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 01:43 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Outstanding - enjoy!

John

Ya say ya don't have a ticket, walk in backwards, they'll think you're coming out!
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 06:10 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. Regarding the seats these were covered by a local auto trimmer in Perth so they were not bought covers. I did the door cards in two tone because I liked having the lighter colour interior to make it feel roomier but made the lower section in black as this area gets more scuff marks and black is better to hide these.

The A/C does not rob power that I really notice. It idles well when it is on with no extra revs required, lowers the revs a bit but my newly built engine with plenty of torque seems to handle it. Pretty happy that it does cool the car even without the windows tinted which can make a bit difference. I now do not worry about the weather when taking it out and the one in the passenger seat enjoys it as well!

The first task I did for the A/C conversion was to fit the battery in the boot, I did a thread on this "Battery in Boot then A/C" I made my own battery tray similar to that used in factory AC cars, put a fuse on it for protection and routed the cable down the transmission tunnel.
Attached Images

Tim
1975 105 GTV 2000
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 06:46 PM

Garage
Tim,
Nice job. Colors are great. And those seats!! I’m ready to jump through my iPad and sit in your car!!!
Aggie57 likes this.

1969 GT 1300 JR
1963 MGB
1952 MG TD
Others??!!!😃😃

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode