Is a 1969 1750 GTV considered a "shallow arch " model - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 12:11 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by kengta View Post
Better to stay in the positive and to say: Of the Bertone GTs, all 1750 (and 2ltr, late 1300 GTj, all 1600 GTj) chassis are high arch; or shallow arch; or taller arch; or late arch.

k
I agree with most of it with the exception of shallow.

here is the dictionary definition of shallow meaning: 1. having only a short distance from the top to the bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSk View Post
No actual 1750 shell is a low arch

Pete
no not 69 S1 1750 mine or any S2 1750 that ive ran across in the last 40 yrs

Last edited by davbert; 04-10-2019 at 12:14 PM.
davbert is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 12:32 PM
Registered User
 
kengta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by davbert View Post
I agree with most of it with the exception of shallow.

here is the dictionary definition of shallow meaning: 1. having only a short distance from the top to the bottom



no not 69 S1 1750 mine or any S2 1750 that ive ran across in the last 40 yrs
Alfaholics is using the term shallow arch for the late chassis 68-77. See https://www.alfaholics.com/parts/105...ar-wheel-arch/

and have a look at their rear fender offerings discriptions.

I assume they are measuring from the fender line or beltline down to the wheel arch. So Shallow would be a short distance (as in late chassis) and deep would be a greater distance as in the early chassis.

Classic Alfa uses one of the other terms mentioned in this thread. High and low.

K

Ken Geiger, Toronto
1965 GTA, RHD, Stradale
ex- 1965 GTA, RHD, Corsa, Trans/Am 66-72
1964 Sprint GT, B-Sedan in 70's
1970 Giulia Super (CDN Spec)
1976 1600 GTj (Italian Spec)
1966 Harley Sprint (Aermacchi) 250
2000 Catalina 320, Hull #765 Northern Dream
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i
kengta is offline  
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 02:16 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by kengta View Post
Alfaholics is using the term shallow arch for the late chassis 68-77. See https://www.alfaholics.com/parts/105...ar-wheel-arch/

and have a look at their rear fender offerings discriptions.

I assume they are measuring from the fender line or beltline down to the wheel arch. So Shallow would be a short distance (as in late chassis) and deep would be a greater distance as in the early chassis.

Classic Alfa uses one of the other terms mentioned in this thread. High and low.

K
hello ken

saw the link... thanks. its stupid isnt it? :-)

i think they meant "shallow" meaning the depth of the draw in the inner wheel arches which has less volume than the earlier cars which are deeper. to avoid confusion, its should be called wheel housing (industry term), wheel wells or tubs as the hot rodder's call em here in america.

the later higher arch cars require a smaller wheel well hence their term "shallow". this contradicts and adds confusion to larger later arches. to combine "shallow" to the higher, taller arc of the wheel arches lays the problem for the mix up imho. after all we do in turn ID these wheel arches and cars by looking at the external body work or do stick our heads into the wheel wells?

classica afla clarifies it. simple and concise... the way it should be.

cheers

PS, is it my imagination or are the alfaholics prices astronomical these days? its been a long while since i purchase anything from them
davbert is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 03:11 PM
PSk
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tauranga New Zealand
Posts: 11,413
Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
Wow, the "Rube Goldberg" definition or arch repair panels.

Glad I managed to buy the right outer arches many years ago. Pretty sure I would have ordered the wrong ones with this definition

Quote:
PS, is it my imagination or are the alfaholics prices astronomical these days? its been a long while since i purchase anything from them
Might be preparing for the economic collapse of England via BREXIT ...

Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSk is offline  
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 03:17 PM
PSk
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tauranga New Zealand
Posts: 11,413
Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
Quote:
Originally Posted by kengta View Post
Better to stay in the positive and to say: Of the Bertone GTs, all 1750 (and 2ltr, late 1300 GTj, all 1600 GTj) chassis are high arch; or shallow arch; or taller arch; or late arch.

k
, lol.

Maybe this is the only way to be clear: Of the Bertone GTs, all 1750 (and 2ltr, late 1300 GTj, all 1600 GTj) chassis show the most of the top of the rear wheel ... with the car at the same ride height, parked in the Greenwich council car park space number 23, at 2pm on a dry Wednesday that is between a 18 to 20 degree Celius, with a full tank of fuel, original spare wheel inflated to 32 psi, tool kit, jack and bumper.

Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PSk; 04-10-2019 at 03:39 PM.
PSk is offline  
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 04:04 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSk View Post
Wow, the "Rube Goldberg" definition or arch repair panels.

Glad I managed to buy the right outer arches many years ago. Pretty sure I would have ordered the wrong ones with this definition

Might be preparing for the economic collapse of England via BREXIT ...

Pete
what did you expect from the country that gave us the imperial measuring system ? :-)
davbert is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alfetta GTAM 1974 [email protected] Alfetta & GTV6 (1972-1986) 46 03-21-2019 04:57 PM
GTAm questions PSk GT (1963-1977) 8 01-30-2019 12:21 PM
Wanted: Glovebox for 1969 1750 GTV kmntr6 Alfa Romeo Parts For Sale & Wanted 3 07-09-2017 07:26 PM
Rear Seat Photo - 1969 US Model 1750 GTV 1750GT GT (1963-1977) 18 01-25-2017 02:47 AM
Performance debate smsmith Spider - 105 & 115 Series (1966-1994) 25 11-26-2013 02:14 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome