RHD 2000 GTV dashboard for UK? - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

RHD 2000 GTV dashboard for UK?

I am in the process of rebuiding a RHD series 2 (1976) GTV and the dashboard is about the only part I cannot restore. It is a SA car I have imported and has suffered terrible cracking - and an even worse attempted repair. I will be interested in any reasonable RHD dashboard. Alternatively, are there enough people interested to start a run of RHD dash tops? (Only LHD presently available).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 06:40 PM

picture?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

Here is a part of it... It is badly cracked all along and now has a broken layer of filler which was underneath a pooly fitted vinyl cover. Help!
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 05:50 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
I vendor I met 20+ years ago was making new dashes. I'm not sure if he offers a restoration service, but it's worth an inquiry. I do not know if the email address is still valid.

Ditta " Al Confine"
Bassani Aldo
frazione Martincelli n. 6
38050 TEZZE di GRIGNO (Trento)
tel 0461 769455

[email protected]

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 11:26 PM

Garage
there are people that restore dashes, don't know who in the UK. classic alfa might have a good second hand one.

cheers an

62 LANCIA FLAMINIA GT 2500 PROJECT (now sold) 64 SPRINT GT (Gone)
68 1750 ROUND TAIL SPIDER 70 1750 GTV 62 101 GIULIA SPRINT
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 05:50 AM

You could contact "The Dashboard Doctor" in Coburg, Australia. I've heard very good experiences of them including with RHD Alfa dashes:

https://www.dashboarddoctor.com.au/

Alister
1973 105 GTV (Alfa #6 of 19 owned)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 12:53 PM

Try Titus Rowlandson in Suffolk

1989 Alfa 75 3.0V6 America - 1971 Alfa Giulia 1300 GT Junior - 1989 Alfa 75 3.0V6 Veloce - 2016 Merc C220 Estate - 2010 Volvo XC60 D5 Polestar
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 04:52 AM Thread Starter

Do you have and contact details for him?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode