Notch's '67 GT Veloce - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 12:38 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Notch's '67 GT Veloce

Hi all,

Thought it best to introduce myself in the GT forum after introducing myself in the new member forum. (so far, you guys have made me feel very welcome so cheers for that!!):thumbs:

So the story goes like this.....

I have a client who we do maintenance and repair work for fairly regularly and last week he asked if I knew of anyone who might be interested in an old Alfa Romeo. I enquired as to how old and what model. He replied with 1967 Sprint Spyder.....as you might have already worked out, this was certainly incorrect. My interest was peaked and we made plans for me to go and look at it the last weekend.

The weekend arrived and upon pulling down his long driveway, I was greeted with the sight of a white 1967 Guilia Spring GT Veloce. My interest in the car was already very high without me even getting out of my car to look at it!!

Anyway, long story short, the car was purchased brand new by my clients brother-in-law back in 1967. The car had always been garaged and when the original owner eventually passed away, it was left to my client to move it on to a new home. I was more than happy to make the old gentleman an offer that was within the price range he asked for.

I have since picked it up and trailered it home, ready to get stuck into rebuilding the driveline components and enjoy it.

These pics are from when my client pulled the car out of his deceased brother-in-laws garage.

Hope you enjoy

Notch (aka: Paul)
Attached Images

Steve105 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Garage
So, from there, my client moved the car to his farm, and attempted to find a new owner for the car.

He appeared to be determined to not advertise the car and instead decided to mention it to everyone he met.

I was glad to eventually hear about the car and make the purchase.....the old gentleman had it on his farm for nearly 5 years I believe, and it again left under cover throughout that time.

Some more pics of the car from when it arrived at the farm (photos supplied by my client)

Attached Images

post #3 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 12:45 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Now the next few photos are from when I went to view the car.

Keep in mind that the car has have little love the last few years and is quite rundown....I even got a photo of the last registration disc in the window dated 1992!!

Hers a few more photos for you all,

Attached Images

Steve105 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 12:51 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Last post for now....

A couple of pics of the car arriving home at my house.....you might see my wife in one of the photos (she was quite excited about the purchase)

Attached Images

cucinando and GTA R like this.
post #5 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 04:29 AM

Wow that is just unbelievable. Well done, happy times!
The late 1967 cars had the ATE (brake calipers) adapters placed on the Dunlop uprights. And I think had ATE rear brakes. If you post a picture we can tell.
I have a white late 1967 car about to be painted, it may be close to your body number. If when you get a chance I would be interested in seeing a picture of the paint code sticker that is on the underside of the boot lid. It could read AR013 or AR101. I also noticed the sticker under the bonnet is still there, a photo of that would be great. If you need to have a look at a paper copy of the parts manual, I have a spare copy you can borrow.
Cheers Steve
Notch likes this.

Last edited by Steve105; 11-01-2018 at 04:44 AM.
post #6 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve105 View Post
The late 1967 cars had the ATE (brake calipers) adapters placed on the Dunlop uprights. And I think had ATE rear brakes. If you post a picture we can tell.
I have a white late 1967 car about to be painted, it may be close to your body number. If when you get a chance I would be interested in seeing a picture of the paint code sticker that is on the underside of the boot lid. It could read AR013 or AR101. I also noticed the sticker under the bonnet is still there, a photo of that would be great. If you need to have a look at a paper copy of the parts manual, I have a spare copy you can borrow.
Cheers Steve
Hey Steve,

Thanks for dropping in,

Glad you can see the pics, I don't seem to be able to see any photos on this site for some reason.....

Will get you some photos of the decals you're chasing, can't remember how good they are, but will post them none the less.

I just noticed you are located in Modbury....I'm just down the hill in Brahma Lodge.....will have to catch up some time and chat about all things Alfa

Cheers!

Notch (aka:Paul)
Steve105 likes this.
post #7 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve105 View Post
Cheers Steve
Hey Steve,

Heres the photos you were after......under bonnet decal & boot decal....and one last cheeky one of the original dealer sticker in the rear window.

Cheers!

Attached Images

Steve105 likes this.
post #8 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 02:36 PM

Hi Notch,
Thank you for the photos. Certainly we can catch up, that would be great. Addison Motors, had entered a white 4 door Berlina in the London to Sydney Marathon race.
Cheers Steve
Notch likes this.

Last edited by Steve105; 11-01-2018 at 03:12 PM.
post #9 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Oh, one last thing Steve, the body number is hard to read at the moment, but I believe it is AR299756.....close to yours???

post #10 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 02:44 PM

Hi Notch,
Thank you for the photos. Certainly we can catch up, that would be great.
There is an Alfa romeo register
Sprint GT/GTV - Classic Alfa Romeo Registry
Some owners choose to list their car's details at the moment there are about 19 RHD 1967 cars of which 12 are in Australia.
The oldest 1967 car is also white built 6th December1967
299846 105.37 - 1600 Sprint GT Veloce RHD
My car in the shop is built in June 1967 a lower number than yours.
The body numbers tend to be a bit jumbled up, higher numbers tend to be for newer cars, but not always.
Cheers Steve

Last edited by Steve105; 12-12-2018 at 03:03 AM.
post #11 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 03:43 PM

Hi Paul,
Looks like a great find - well done! It's in a similar condition to mine when I found it. I hope you enjoy getting it sorted out.

Welcome to the BB.

Sam (owner of your car's sibling - 299842)
post #12 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hey Steve,

Cheers for the link to the registry. I think I might send away to Alfa Romeo for some more detailed info on the car and then add it to the registry.

Hi Sam,

Thanks for stopping by. Is there a build thread on your car? I would love to check out another build of a car so close in chassis number!.....oh, and thanks for the welcome!

post #13 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 04:19 PM

Garage
Is SA cold and rainy, or temperate and dry? What's the condition of the underside and sills?

Nice find.
Notch likes this.

1967 1600 Spider
post #14 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 05:18 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
The lubricants sticker on your car matches the one I've seen on LHD cars.
Attached Images

Notch likes this.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #15 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivace View Post
Is SA cold and rainy, or temperate and dry? What's the condition of the underside and sills?

Nice find.
Hi Vivace,

our climate here is generally pretty temperate and dry, but having said that, I have seen cars with some horrendous rust issues (presumably they have spent a lot of time near the coast??)

The underside and sills of my Sprint are very good from what Ive seen so far, but who knows, this may change when I get a chance to inspect it in more depth....again, time will tell.

Cheers for stopping by

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode