New owner 1974 GTV has no idea what he got himself into - Page 18 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 113Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #256 of 259 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 08:36 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
I agree , the undercarriage photos were dark and/or blurry. And I don't know what was up with that spare tire well and the area around it.

I also noticed the flash showed they had sprayed some of the floor pan black, which isn't necessarily bad, but why would n't take the time to take care of some of the other suspension parts etc...

Pedro Playa
'73 GTV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #257 of 259 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 11:01 PM

I am resolved to thinking that rust was mandatory on ALL cars leaving Italian factories in the 70's... Not a question of how good or bad the example you bought is, it's a question of WHEN you will start cutting and welding and bonding with your panel beater and googling "rust treatment solutions". Name:  DSC_0645.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  89.9 KB

Sent from my F8332 using Tapatalk
post #258 of 259 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSk View Post
It cannot be, unless it has a completely new nose panel.

Pete
Thank you thats what I was getting at, looking at that BaT car the bad nose fix was not evident, and the underside was a LOT cleaner, theres no way in such a short period of time the case was resolved, car fixed up like that, and posted on BaT. Not possible.

-RL; 1991 Alfa Romeo 164S, 2014 Mercedes Benz E350 4Matic, 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS, 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD, 1995 Volkswagen Golf (Race Car)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #259 of 259 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 08:22 AM

FWIW, the first post on BaT regarding this car and the follow-up by the same person:

Apr 9 at 1:39 PM
@pinshaw, it’s not that car…..

Apr 9 at 1:42 PM (the follow up gave the link to this thread - seems I need three more posts myself before AlfaBB will allow me to quote or post a link).

The only reason that this thread and car was even brought up in that BaT auction was because the seller was being less than transparent and tended to obfuscate with some of his answers about the condition of the car. The whole experience relating to the car here is that you need to do your own due diligence before you plunk down your hard earned dollars. I hope that the buyer of the BaT car got what he expected for his money, although, I am skeptical about that.
Rogue Leader likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode