Yachtman - thanks for the impetus to update this thread. I've been asking questions and getting great help all over the BB but have neglected to post my progress. Going to fix that this long weekend.
First: Brakes. I made a handful of changes to the factory plumbing. I hesitate to say improvements until they're road system, but they are as follows:
Replacement of the rear mounted brake proportioning valve and engine bay mounted distribution block with an adjustable unit from Wilwood. Both factory units were in questionable shape, the Wilwood was inexpensive see here
and this also allowed me to do away with 4 joints in the system. This setup forgoes the low pressure idiot light as the Wilwood has a brake light trigger, which I did not use, but not a low pressure sender.
I also replaced all factory lines with cunifer aka NiCopp aka 90/10 which is a corrosion resistant, DOT approved copper alloy brake line material. It is easy to bend - I hand formed everything except the tight 180's at the front calipers, and its easy to flare. On that score, I tried a few inexpensive flaring bars and quickly threw them in the trash. I splurged on the Eastwoods Unit
and am extremely happy I did.
My calipers were rebuilt (a frighteningly long time ago) by Eric at PMB Performance.
Eric is well known in the Porsche world and has a well earned Sterling Silver reputation. The calipers are art and the service is excellent.
The master cylinder has been bench bled in the vise, using some nicopp + rubber tubing I bent up. I still don't have all the air out of the system (to put it lightly). I "gravity bled" the entire system and have all four calipers running clear but I belive for an initial fill, gravity bleeding is not sufficient. Wife not being that interested in sitting on the dusty floorpan and pumping the pedal, I've been debating the purchase of a vacuum bleeder. I'd usually reach for the Motive Pressure bleeder but the three-cap-non-airtight reservoir renders that approach infeasible.