Crazy week here. Got back from Bosnia (Sarajevo) on Wednesday, only to find out that I had to leave for Ethiopia on Thursday. However, after my flight from Naples to Frankfurt, I was called back to the mother ship; trip canceled. Painful trying to get back to Naples – I flew from Frankfurt to Munich to catch a connecting flight to Naples, but the flight to Naples was canceled. So I spent the night in Munich. Next day, I flew back to Frankfurt and caught a flight to Naples.
So instead of a weekend spent in Ethiopia, I was home and able to get a bit of work done. Can’t really tell by looking at the car, but I was fairly productive –
-Got the brake booster/master cylinder out, along with the clutch master cylinder.
-Got the brake and clutch pedals out, and made up a few new curse words in the process.
-Front wiring harness is almost out.
-Intake manifold off.
-Exhaust manifold/exhaust off. I loves me some Kroil – this stuff is great for loosening up stuck/rusted bolts.
-Water pump off.
-One crossmember out – this one appears to be mainly for the driveshaft. Still have to get the transmission crossmember off.
-Front bumper off.
-Inner fender covers out – had to drill out about 5 rivets on each side. Was quite pleased to see how nice the sheetmetal looked behind the covers. The actual covers are in good shape, too.
Headed to Berlin for a few days of vacation this weekend. Should be able to spend some time on it in the next few weeks. Plan was to have disassembly complete by 1 January, and I don’t know if that’s going to happen.
Next step will be to pull the engine and trans. Had planned to drop the bellhousing and trans out the bottom, but that’s before I decided to fab up a wooden gantry to hang a chain hoist from. Now I may pull them as a unit.