Hopefully purchasing my first GTV (1966) tomorrow - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatsonkc View Post
http://http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alfa-Romeo-GTV-guilia-super-stepnose-/221783989740?forcerrptr=true&hash=item33a35b1dec&i tem=221783989740

Is this the same car? Looks the same and the front plate is identical.

NJ, TX, CA. The car has got around in a short time.
Good sleuthing.. not many cars have the patch of wood grain above the glove box face,either.. Now we have to hear the rest of the story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 07:09 PM

Sold on eBay, I see. $30k.
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-02-2015, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranz View Post
Sold on eBay, I see. $30k.
Emilio (who is selling the Alfa for a friend of his) said it was a package deal of 3 cars, and the friend had no intention of keeping the GT. Supposedly he was upside down in the Alfa and just wanted it gone. Could that explain the 2 Ferrari's sitting there like beautiful book ends on the last Ebay pic?

The rust-free description scared me off at the end - I wonder just whats under that layer of body filler on the rocker panel?

Hopefully the new owner (if there is one yet) will report in with progress reports

btw: I see its still listed on CL .. anybody? ....anybody?

Still could be a fair buy for someone ...

60' PA-24 Comanche
61' Giulietta Spider
69' 1750 Boat tail
73' 911T
89' Milano Gold
90' Graduate Spider

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-02-2015, 10:54 AM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
Heck I still don't understand why such an original surivivor got so many negative comments.

As a person restoring a poor survivor I dream about such a good starting point and actually driving my Alfa.

I've said many times that all Alfas need chassis rails and floors replaced by now, but this car made me think that I was wrong. This car will provide enjoyment for the new owner for the next probably 20 years before any major work is required ... will all of us still be able to drive in that time and still be interested in Alfas?

IMO you should have pulled the trigger!
Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions

Last edited by PSk; 08-02-2015 at 10:57 AM.
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-02-2015, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSk View Post
Heck I still don't understand why such an original surivivor got so many negative comments.

As a person restoring a poor survivor I dream about such a good starting point and actually driving my Alfa.

I've said many times that all Alfas need chassis rails and floors replaced by now, but this car made me think that I was wrong. This car will provide enjoyment for the new owner for the next probably 20 years before any major work is required ... will all of us still be able to drive in that time and still be interested in Alfas?

Pete
Pete, not all.. I just brought over a '69 GT Jr with original body parts and no rust repair whatsoever... 35000 mile car..Car is as it left the factory. Had repaint 10 years ago and fooled a body shop trying to match the paint for a touch-up kit thinking it was the original paint. They are out there. Comach.. you never mentioned bodo in the rockers.. that is pretty bad.
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-02-2015, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSk View Post

Pete
no argument here - like I said I think it's a fair price for a fairly complete GT. Could be made into a decent driver for another 5k maybe - but probably more. My problem is that I'm not really interested in a driver - if I was, this might qualify. Maybe if I was younger, I would tackle it - but truth be told, its taking me longer and longer each time I take on one of these projects to bring them to the level I want. My Giulietta took me 2 years to finish, Porsche 3 years, boat tail is now on year 4 now and counting, ... heck at this rate nobody would see this Alfa on the road again until 2025.

nuff said - I'm going to my Alfa man cave now to make a final list of items to order up for the boat tail. Heck - maybe I'll even get her finished by Christmas - but no guarantees

60' PA-24 Comanche
61' Giulietta Spider
69' 1750 Boat tail
73' 911T
89' Milano Gold
90' Graduate Spider

post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-02-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comancheflyer View Post
no argument here - like I said I think it's a fair price for a fairly complete GT. Could be made into a decent driver for another 5k maybe - but probably more. My problem is that I'm not really interested in a driver - if I was, this might qualify. Maybe if I was younger, I would tackle it - but truth be told, its taking me longer and longer each time I take on one of these projects to bring them to the level I want. My Giulietta took me 2 years to finish, Porsche 3 years, boat tail is now on year 4 now and counting, ... heck at this rate nobody would see this Alfa on the road again until 2025.

nuff said - I'm going to my Alfa man cave now to make a final list of items to order up for the boat tail. Heck - maybe I'll even get her finished by Christmas - but no guarantees
As I said, you aren't a match and you did the right thing.....Someone will be happy. I passed on a bunch of "buys' before i found the right one without having to shell out a bunch of issue related fixes... but there were some I can handle and not write checks to a body man.. never fun. The plus on this car was it wasn't personalized. The last 10% of a resto can drive one bananas so kick it in gear and get her ( boat tail) rolling.

Last edited by divotandtralee; 08-02-2015 at 12:49 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode