Alfa Romeo Forums banner

68 GTV Dashboard Restoration

16K views 39 replies 12 participants last post by  JJr 
#1 · (Edited)
Adding this thread to cover some dashboard work.
So the 68' I am restoring came with two dashboards. If anyone has priced getting these recovered its a lot of coin. The alternatives are to recover using stitching around the gauge pods or use a combination of paints including underbody coating to approximate the original finish. When I saw some of the hand stitched dashes I thought they looked nice and might be within my skills. I was sort of right there.

So here is what I started with. It has the typical crack at the heat ducts and other damage.

Attachments

See less See more
#34 ·
Hoping someone can help. I repairing some minor cracks to the front of my dash and nub damage, the nubs are below the glove box door ( left especially) has been damaged, I've adjusted the door several times but it still hits the left one and wont open cleanly to sit on the nubs (which is what I assume they were made for)

Attachments

#38 ·
TFB3: Original dash from a US 71 GTV, the top is in excellent shape, the GTV dash does have foam below the vinyl. (pic's in my resto thread)

pickeljr: Yes I have the glove box liner (thx for the clarification TFB3 :)) and it's in excellent condition too, I'm sure I'll touch it up with some flocking once the resto is complete. I think the glove box liners are as rare as hen's teeth!

Anyone have any thoughts on the nub issue? Thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.