- pull and check the fuses to make sure they aren't blown
- pull and check the bulbs to make sure the filaments aren't burned out
- clean the contact surfaces of fuses and bulbs with steel wool
- the turn signal stalk return uses a mechanical spring and has nothing to do with the electrical lighting issues you are experiencing
- disconnect the battery while working around the fuse box to prevent accidental short circuits while cleaning the contacts
- if you don't have a volt-ohm meter, you can test a non-working circuit with elements ( such as a bulb) from a known good circuit. If the good element doesn't work, then the problem is else where.
- a basic circuit consists of a bulb, socket, switch, fuse, power supply wire and ground wire. Through process of elimination, find the root cause of the problem... Lack of power... Poor ground... Bad switch, bulb or fuse...