AFrench Blue '69 GTV Restoration - Page 98 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 188Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1456 of 1571 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 07:49 AM
Gold Subscriber

In the Alfa catalog the part number for the fan for a 71 105 is
105.48.05.521.00 USA and Euro. the pulleys are separate #s but they all start with 105, maybe that will help even just a tiny bit

The passenger seat is 15 miles an hour faster than the drivers seat.

currently
2017 Giulia Q4
74 GTV restored daily driver
71 Berlina in 2L restored driver
the ones that got away:
1959 750 series Giulietta Spider Veloce
1962 Giulietta Spider normale
1965 Giulia Sprint normale
1972 GTV
1974 GTV
1974 GTV
1977 Spider
1974 Spider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1457 of 1571 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 08:17 AM

@1750GT your alt. fan looks from a SEV MARCHAL/ SEV MOTOROLA alternator
ossodiseppia likes this.
post #1458 of 1571 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 09:13 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
We would need the Bosch part number

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1459 of 1571 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 09:44 AM

SEV MARCHAL (on the left) is french so no bosch number on it, I took it out of a ī76 Junior, and SEV MOTOROLA (in the right side) is from a volvo so also no bosch number for it either, i post a pic of the 2 alternators so you can see that they look almost the same
Attached Images

post #1460 of 1571 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ossodiseppia View Post
If we can get a Bosch part number, you could probably find one eBay. There are a few new fans that look right, but I would not chance it without a part number.
...provided in the post below..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1750GT View Post
...The GTV Euro Parts manual shows that it should be a stamped sheet metal type with p/n 1 126 610 008. The US parts manual does not give the Bosch p/n but it does show the same Alfa Part # as the Euro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadrifolio View Post
@1750GT your alt. fan looks from a SEV MARCHAL/ SEV MOTOROLA alternator
Might be....but consider this....the Alfa Factory Charging System Repair Manual for the same alternator BOSCH K1 14V 35A 20....shows a fan identical to the integrally riveted cast one that I have....

Name:  2018-12-17.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  48.6 KB

1971 1750 GTV 105.48 (sold), 1972 1300GTJunior (sold)
1969 1750 GTV 105.5 , 1972 Montreal
post #1461 of 1571 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 12:26 PM

Garage
1750 GTV 1969 alternator

Here is a pic of my alternator. Not restored, and out of a june 1969 1750 GTV delivered new in Sweden
Attached Images

Alfa Romeo 1750 GT Veloce 1969
Jensen Interceptor MkIII 1971
post #1462 of 1571 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 01:24 PM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
I can see the debate at the concours lawn now

It is possible Rossano (1750GT) that your alternator and fan are original to your car and the older style fan was used. We are talking Alfa Romeo here, and your 1750 is a Series I so there is a possibility they would have used whatever alternators they had in stock until the updated Bosch ones started arriving*. So if you can prove or are comfortable with that alternator being original to your car I would stick with that fan, but if you can't then all you can do is go by what others are saying (and if so, you now need Alfamallorca to remove their fan to see if there are Bosch part numbers or get a full view of it so you can track down the "correct" one)

Pete
* Note the end of the Series II 1750's have the large tail lights and rear panel, so one cannot follow a large tail lighted GTV and turn to your passenger and have a bet for $10k that it is a 2000
cucinando likes this.

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
post #1463 of 1571 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfamallorca View Post
Here is a pic of my alternator. Not restored, and out of a june 1969 1750 GTV delivered new in Sweden
Thanks for that....another confirmation and one that seems to match the Parts manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSk View Post
...It is possible Rossano (1750GT) that your alternator and fan are original to your car and the older style fan was used. .... So if you can prove or are comfortable with that alternator being original to your car I would stick with that fan, but if you can't then all you can do is go by what others are saying (and if so, you now need Alfamallorca to remove their fan to see if there are Bosch part numbers or get a full view of it so you can track down the "correct" one).....
It is possible Pete that this was the case....but I'm not so sure now. Plus I do like to stay with what the Parts manuals shows to be correct. As for the stamped sheet fan...these don't seem to have any part numbers on them so will have to go with photo identification.

I'll be keeping a lookout for this fan style as well as for another pulley........what's a few more small pieces to the puzzle.

post #1464 of 1571 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 08:08 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Rossano,

I found some sort of cross reference on the Bosch website. Click the link below.

Product Detail - bosch.com

Then, go to Export PDF. On the second page, you'll see a cross reference chart for other car manufacturers. You might get lucky with a search using different part numbers.

post #1465 of 1571 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ossodiseppia View Post
Rossano,

I found some sort of cross reference on the Bosch website. Click the link below...
Thank you Brian. I tried entering the Bosch p/n's for the 2 cast aluminum fans but no hits resulted. The Euro fan p/n (1 126 610 008) did result in a bunch of hits....but I need to close this item out from my list of open tasks...so I've decided to go with the fan from the MTL alternator (p/n 1 126 0610 025) as it sure seems identical to the ones that have been posted up. Last night I plated the pulley and hardware and finished things off with this component.

Name:  IMG_2417.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  82.2 KB

The next item that I will pick-up where I left off will be the differential and rear axle.
PSk, brad fischer and Nakagtv like this.

post #1466 of 1571 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 12:24 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
That looks great, Rossano.

post #1467 of 1571 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 01:03 PM

what plating system do you use and how long does the plating last before any pitting or rust shows up through the finish? i love the finish you are getting on the refurbished items ,,mac
post #1468 of 1571 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac mclaren View Post
what plating system do you use and how long does the plating last before any pitting or rust shows up through the finish? i love the finish you are getting on the refurbished items ,,mac
I've been using the Caswell zinc system for number of years now and the parts I've plated have turned out beyond my expectations. Mind you initially I was having issues related to insufficient or inadequate cleaning and preparation work but now hardly ever. The parts I've plated haven't really been tested at all with the elements since the car has been in the garage for a decade now. The caswell system may seem expensive at first...but when you consider than the formulations have been vetted and tested and one doesn't need to experiment with this.....it is a time saver in the end. The chromate colors come in blue, yellow dichromate and black. Yellow Dichromate has been the best in terms of consistent coloration.....with the Blue next and black the least. On all the hardware I've plated to date...blistering has occurred on 2 occasions only so far.

post #1469 of 1571 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 01:59 AM

thank you ..i have found a supplier in Australia that cansupply and ship to nz at reasonable price the caswell system ,,must give it a try ,,the results look great
post #1470 of 1571 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 12:22 PM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac mclaren View Post
thank you ..i have found a supplier in Australia that cansupply and ship to nz at reasonable price the caswell system ,,must give it a try ,,the results look great
Mac Mclaren, make sure you purchase a variable current power supply. That is the key. I bought the Caswell system and tried to do it without being able to vary the current supply and as I'm not an electrician (even though I have done an electrical engineering paper at Uni ... too long ago) I was unable to get the results like 1750GT (Rossano). Sometimes I waste money trying to save money ... sigh.

BTW I found hydrochloric acid a really good and quick way to clean steel items for plating ... be careful though.

When I get to reassembly time I will set up the Caswell system again with a proper power supply
Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode