AFrench Blue '69 GTV Restoration - Page 92 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 218Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1366 of 1592 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1750GT View Post
......On the reassembly side, I've been slowly working out the hiccups with the wiring harness and accessories. Some of the issues that I sorted out so far:....I'm still trying to get the emergency flasher system flashing consistently. Not sure if the main issue is perhaps with the small 6A -12V battery charger than I'm using? I didn't want to go with the full battery power/current flows till everything is connected and grounded so I'm plodding along a little bit each day.
Hello to all....well with the Christmas holiday now passed, it's time to get back to it! I finally resolved the issue with the emergency flasher system....and it was as I suspected....there wasn't enough power supplied to the flasher relay by the battery charger alone. So when I connected a proper car battery to the circuit...voila! flashers work as intended.

The next task at hand is to refit the dashboard, dashlights etc. I have encountered one hiccup though......and would like some help on this. Namely, the 1969 US model has a small auxiliary fusebox that houses the fuel pump and fog light fuses. I do not have any photographs showing how and where this unit is mounted under the dashboard...can someone post a photo of it in it's correct position? Is there a separate bracket for it like the emergency flasher switch?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1971 1750 GTV 105.48 (sold), 1972 1300GTJunior (sold)
1969 1750 GTV 105.5 , 1972 Montreal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1367 of 1592 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 01:09 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Rossano, on my spider, it is mounted right next to the larger fuse box. Look and see if the bracket has an additional threaded hole. That fuel pump fuse box is help on with a single machine screw....at least on my Spider.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #1368 of 1592 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 01:58 PM

Garage
Look at post #29 of my old thread, selling my Dad's 69 USA GTV.
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/gt-1...usa-worth.html

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-club-canada-toronto-chapter/149533-alfa-parts-garage-sale.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1369 of 1592 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Osso,

but how is it mounted exactly? Any photos in your thread perhaps?

Brad,

that photo doesn't really show me the auxiliary fuse box in question....see below.

Name:  IMG_2184.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  44.3 KB

post #1370 of 1592 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 07:39 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
It's mounted with a machine screw through the hole in the center. I can email some pictures. I'll look through my old pictures and see what I have.

post #1371 of 1592 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 08:16 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Here are a couple of my "file" pictures. The fuse box is on the driver's side on the GTV and Berlina. On the spider, the fuse box is on the passenger side.

A single machine screw holds the fuse box on. I'm not sure of the size, but my guess is an M4, slotted cheese head or phillips panhead.
Attached Images

post #1372 of 1592 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1750GT View Post
... Namely, the 1969 US model has a small auxiliary fusebox that houses the fuel pump and fog light fuses. I do not have any photographs showing how and where this unit is mounted under the dashboard...can someone post a photo of it in it's correct position? Is there a separate bracket for it like the emergency flasher switch?
Here is a photo showing the aux fuse box position on my '73 115.01 (US Spec) GTV. I assume it would be the same for your '69.
Attached Images

Ken
'73 GTV
post #1373 of 1592 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 05:40 AM
Gold Subscriber

I'm pretty sure it's a allen head machine screw and the bracket is threaded. Fuel pump and fog lights are the two fused circuits. M4 sounds about right.

The passenger seat is 15 miles an hour faster than the drivers seat.

currently
2017 Giulia Q4
74 GTV restored daily driver
71 Berlina in 2L restored driver
the ones that got away:
1959 750 series Giulietta Spider Veloce
1962 Giulietta Spider normale
1965 Giulia Sprint normale
1972 GTV
1974 GTV
1974 GTV
1977 Spider
1974 Spider
post #1374 of 1592 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ossodiseppia View Post
Here are a couple of my "file" pictures. The fuse box is on the driver's side on the GTV and Berlina. On the spider, the fuse box is on the passenger side. A single machine screw holds the fuse box on. I'm not sure of the size, but my guess is an M4, slotted cheese head or phillips panhead.
The spider arrangement is definitely not the same as the GTV. Thanks none the less Osso...I do appreciate the effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellagt View Post
Here is a photo showing the aux fuse box position on my '73 115.01 (US Spec) GTV. I assume it would be the same for your '69.
Yes it's slightly different for the 69. The space where your bracket for the Aux fusebox is mounted, is occupied by the mounting bracket for the flasher switch on the 69's....this would imply that the aux fuse is mounted in some other area....I believe.

Could someone with a 1969 GTV (US model) post up a photo of theirs?

post #1375 of 1592 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 09:11 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Mine was mounted to one of the holes on the left side of the steering column mount. It's hard to see in this photo, but one of the white fuses is visible behind the right mounting screw for the large fusebox.

Name:  PICT0008-2.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  62.8 KB

Brad
'69 Series 1 GTV (105.51)

'78 Alfetta GT (Sprint Veloce)

Last edited by ShadeTree; 12-29-2017 at 09:16 AM.
post #1376 of 1592 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadeTree View Post
Mine was mounted to one of the holes on the left side of the steering column mount. It's hard to see in this photo, but one of the white fuses is visible behind the right mounting screw for the large fusebox.
Ahhh. So it was just secured to the steering column support structure...no bracket eh. I do recall seeing a small hole hole there already......didn't think it would be in such a hard to access location. I'll have to give it a shot and see how visible/accessible this location ends up being.

Thank you Brad.

post #1377 of 1592 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Although after further reviewing the photo Bellagt posted....it seems to be mounted to the side support bracket for the dash and this should be behind the emerg flasher switch bracket. I think this might be the better place after all.

Last edited by 1750GT; 12-29-2017 at 05:57 PM.
post #1378 of 1592 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 11:37 AM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadeTree View Post
Imagine a dark wet night and having to check and/or replace that fuse ... no wonder mechanics like my father dislike Alfa Romeos
Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
post #1379 of 1592 (permalink) Old 12-31-2017, 03:21 PM

Rossano, The mounting hardware is a Philips Head machine screw with a nut on the backside of the bracket... at least that is how mine is mounted.
Attached Images

Ken
'73 GTV
post #1380 of 1592 (permalink) Old 12-31-2017, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Thanks for the tips and input gents. I decided to mount the aux fusebox adjacent to main fuse box for visibility and ease of access. I had to relocate the toggle switch further outboard to make room for it though. I fabricated a mounting bracket for the aux fuse box and mounted both to the dashboard support bracket on the body. All in all it was good way to end the year 2017!

Happy New Year 2018 to all....!
Attached Images

PSk and Xenios like this.

Last edited by 1750GT; 12-31-2017 at 03:59 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode