I would like to share my recent work upgrading all the lights on my GTJr Stepnose with series 2 dashboard.
I purchased all my lights from here.
Here is what I ordered:
1. BA7s LED Bulb - Green x3 (Dashboard Headlight, right and left turn dashboard indicator)
2. BA7s LED Bulb - Blue x1 (Dasboard Brights indicator)
3. BA9s 4-LED 12VDC Bayonet Base Bulb - Amber x2 (Right and Left side fender turn signals)
4. 67 LED Bulb - White x2 (Front Running Lights)
5. 1156-A24 Amber LED Bulb - Wide x2 (Right and Left front Turn Signals)
6. Right Angle 30 LED Bulb - Red LED 1156 x2 (Right and Left rear Turn Signals)
7. Right Angle 30 LED Bulb - Red LED 1157 x2 (Right and Left brake lights)
8. 1156-W24 White LED Bulb - Wide x1 (Backup lamp)
9. LED Bulb flasher Unit - CF13GL-02 (for all your turn signals)
Ok, they install just like regualr bulbs. Here are some things to keep in mind.
1. The Right angle 1157 brake lamps (item number seven) had to be rotated 180 degrees... I used some pliers to gently grab the base, and I held the lamp portion and twisted until the glue gave, and I could spin it around. This did no damage and it friction fits back into the base. No problems.
2. The Flasher unit needed a ground wire installed. Easy. L=Load. (mine was a black wire) B=12vdc. (should be a red wire) E=Ground.
3. I have solid red rear lamp covers. If you have the split amber/red, then for your turn signals you need to get the Right Angle 30 LED Bulb - Amber LED 1156 x2, not the red ones, for item number six above.
4. Check the polarity of any lamp that does not work. Your wires may be backwards, or your contact or ground is bad.
5. If you do not want to blow fuses, disconnect the battery, mistakes can happen.
6. Remove all watches rings and jewelry while working with electricity. If you cannot remove your wedding band, then wrap it with serveral winds of electrical tape and make sure it is fully covered.
7. I am sure most of this will work with most of the other Alfas out there as well, just be aware of what lamps you use, and the color of the lamp housing. Always match the color of the LED to the housing, unless the housing is clear...
These lights all work great! My car is more visable and therefore safer.
Shoutout and thanks for help goes to:
All for now, Ciao!
(I will include pictures when it stops raining...)