Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/)
-   GT (1963-1977) (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/gt-1963-1977/)
-   -   Idea: How about Photos of 105 GT's only? (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/gt-1963-1977/23924-idea-how-about-photos-105-gts-only.html)

1750GT 08-02-2006 07:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes I recall seeing your GTV FS on e-bay.I was surprised how high the price ended up ..I think you got a great price for it. If we put my GTV side by side to that one, they would be identical twins.
As for the paint code, this is a shot of the trunk sticker....

velocedoc 08-02-2006 08:17 PM

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/atta...1&d=1154564066
Dang, that is my car...well sure looks like it anyway...:) I am sure that is the '69 that I knew of some years ago. There was a 67 GTV and 2 '71s imported in this color.
It is a very vibrant blue when it is all shiny new.

wctouring#7 08-02-2006 10:27 PM

I too was suprised at the amount the auction ended up at. The car got shipped to Mexico and it was not until several days after the auction ended that I found out it was the same guy who bought my first GTV that I sold on Ebay two and and half years ago! It was a burgandy 74 with a sunroof, the buyer finished restoring that one and decided it was time for another. Neither one of us realized it until we were ironing out the details. He changed the 74 from burgandy to red... I hope he keeps the 69 French Blue.

1750GT 08-03-2006 09:24 AM

Velocedoc...would you happen to know what "MAX MEYER" is referring to? is it a paint supplier out of europe for ALFA?

nda9h 08-03-2006 09:31 AM

Check www.maxmeyer.com , this is in fact a paint supplier.

Thomas

1750GT 08-04-2006 04:18 AM

I checked the MAXMEYER site and you'd think that with all the paint they supplied to ALFA for the GTV's...(presumably from the 60 through 70's)...that they'd list the paint codes/colours used during those years.....but nada....I don't understand the corporate/marketing decision there (if any)?

velocedoc 08-04-2006 09:59 AM

Max Meyer Paint

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1750GT
I checked the MAXMEYER site and you'd think that with all the paint they supplied to ALFA for the GTV's...(presumably from the 60 through 70's)...that they'd list the paint codes/colours used during those years.....but nada....I don't understand the corporate/marketing decision there (if any)?

I was thinking the same thing while I was looking over the website yesterday. I think a well written email to them might be able to generate some information. I was going to write them asking about the formula for the French Blue paint so I can have it made locally, or see if they can provide me a source. GTV's in blue are very beautiful.

brad fischer 08-14-2006 04:49 PM

105.44 Series 2 Ocra scuro 112

1 Attachment(s)
I have a 1970 1750 GTV Series 2 Euro model with dark ochre number 112 but it was originally silver. I have an original Alfa Romeo book titled Alfa Romeo Istruzioni Per Le Riparazioni Carrozzeria Vetture Giulia, 1750, E Derivate and was printed in 3/70. It gives me a list of 33 colours with 6 being P.F. colours.
I was wondering if anyone knows which exterior colours go with a black interior? I am pretty sure that the colours you could get with black are 501 Red, 109 Yellow ochre, 112 Dark Ochre, Silver. For example, tan interior came with 343 Dutch Blue, 216 Pine Green, and I am not sure of any other combinations. I am not sure if this topic has been discussed because I have just joined the Alfabb. The reason I am asking is because my father has a 1969 Series 1 1750 GTV with black interior and it needs a paint job. The original colour was some sort of beige and it is now a charcoal black which is not an original Alfa colour. Wondering what colours would be correct for this car?

Damo105 08-14-2006 06:57 PM

If you email the chassis number to Alfa Romeo archive, they'll tell you the original colour and interior when the car was built. Search on here and you'll find the email address.

pathung 08-14-2006 07:25 PM

Sig.Pesci 08-15-2006 01:07 AM

Sorry to disapoint you, but I e-mailed archivio storico and the detail was very vague. All they really did was confirm the build date (well the year) and that the car was built for the South African market.

No mention of the original colour or any more detail than I gave them originally.

italiansedanman 08-15-2006 01:26 AM

The email I recieved from Archivio Storico listed the exact date of completion of build, the name of the importer that it was invoiced to and the exact colour combination exterior and interior...

Perhaps they have more detail on some cars than others!

Andrew M 08-15-2006 01:38 AM

South African cars

Most of the Alfas sold in Sth Africa were assembled locally in Africa from knock down kits and most had a new number assigned at that point. They were painted and assembled in Africa so i do not think Italy would have had data beyond the supply of the basic chassis. The original chassis numbers were obliterated using an oxy torch and a new Sth African number was added on a chassis plate. I hope this sheds some light.
Regards
Andrew M

Sig.Pesci 08-15-2006 01:47 AM

Thanks for that info, my car has both the South African builders plate and the original chassis number.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f6...G_0013-1-1.jpg

I wonder if the South African operation is still going and has some more info?

tubut 08-15-2006 02:02 AM

Unexpectedly, some interesting historical information about Car Distributors Assembly (C.D.A.) can be found on the South African Mercedes Benz web site.

BTW: Somewhere in my basement, I must have a set of Technical Services Bulletins issued by Alfa Romeo South Africa. I recall one specific bulletin that deals with paint defects of cars assembled there. I'll see how soon I can move stuff around in order to access the book shelves again. (I have not yet recovered from making room for guests, followed by having to move the garage where I work on the car).