Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Chrome plastic edging on veneer

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Steve Semeraro 
#1 ·
Hello, currently refreshing a '69 dash & console but having trouble finding a source for the molding. Actually found a lead here last night but my computer decided to freeze on me and I forgot where I was in the forum....so here I am :)

thanks
Marcel

#2 · (Edited)
Check out Out Water Plastics. Specificly catalog pg. 44 at:

http://www.ou****ercatalogs.com/2008_Master/lg_display.cfm?page_number=44

(Note: The BB is doing something weird here. The company's name is O u t w a t e r - all one word. Somehow, the BB seems to think that is an obscenity, and it is ****ing it out)

Out Water carries this stuff in a variety of sizes - I can't guarantee that they will have an exact fit, but should have something close.

#7 ·
Did anyone notice what 4 letters the BB is taking out? It sure is an obcenity, but if it's embedded in a bigger word, is shouldn't be blocked.

Anyway, has any tried Out water's product yet? I've been meaning to buy some; it was suggested on the AD sometime ago. I havn't taken my veneer off yet so I have not bought any. If so, what particular style and width were chosen and how does it look.

Thanks

#8 ·
Yep, it's certainly a term of jocular abuse ("ladies private parts") here in Wales.

Word filters have a similar problem when you mention the French city of Marseille for some reason. And as for Arsenal football club...

Don't you just love old Nanny Wordlfilter?

#9 ·
I too am installing a '69 era center console. I have the trim surrounding the dash veneer. But there is no similar trim for the veneer in the console. Should there be?

If anyone could post a picture of how the center console is supposed to look, specifically around the edges of the veneer (top and sides), I would greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks. Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.