Alfastop? - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to concept 101
Alfastop?

Anyone has been in contact with Tony the last week or 10 days?

Have a small order pending, but no one responds to my emails regarding what´s going on......

Dennis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 01:05 AM

Same for me
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 01:23 AM

Garage
common problem from what i've heard. great business let down by poor service.

62 LANCIA FLAMINIA GT 2500 PROJECT (now sold) 64 SPRINT GT (Gone)
68 1750 ROUND TAIL SPIDER 70 1750 GTV 62 101 GIULIA SPRINT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 07:14 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
I have had excellent service from Alfastop, including a rushed order to ready my car for a long planned trip. And at reasonable prices.

It's a one-man shop, furnishing some of the best services for the old Alfa community.

If I could not be patient concerning parts for my Alfa, I would get a Miata.
Brad750f and Barnlark101 like this.

The perfect is the enemy of the good. Voltaire
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 07:49 AM

Garage
Call Alfastop!
I have had very good service from Tony when talking to him directly. I think web orders get lost in the shuffle of being a one man shop.
Ulf

1957 Spider Veloce
IN VINO VERITAS
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Tom F2,

I´m not sure if I read you correctly when first claming "I have had excellent service from Alfastop, including a rushed order to ready my car for a long planned trip" and than again "If I could not be patient concerning parts for my Alfa, I would get a Miata" so now imagine, what if we all can sometimes be in a situation needing service with rushed orders, not only you?

Dennis
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 07:55 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITALCAROZ View Post
common problem from what i've heard. great business let down by poor service.
No need to dis Tony and Alfa Stop. He might have a real job and like some of us, this is a hobby for him.
Brad750f likes this.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 09:51 AM

I have been buying parts from Alfa Stop for many years and always call Tony when I order parts unless I have a large order. I ordered parts last week and received an email with the tracking number. I know that Alfa Stop is a very small business and it takes more time to fill orders.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 12:26 PM
Darth Moderator
Platinum SubscriberModerator

Dennis rather phone Tony on the numbers provided on his website, after a very bad hacking attack on his website a few years ago he installed serious filters on his email accounts and sometimes mails get caught in these filters.

Rather just give him a call, refer to your mail and take it from there, he's got good stuff and it's worth following up on him via the old fashioned way. Alfaholics and Classic Alfa by comparison have large staff compliment with dedicated front desk folks manning the incoming orders - Tony is a one-man-band

Ciao
Greig
ubach likes this.

Some 750's
Some 101's
Some 105's
Some others
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 12:57 PM

I have a feeling he might be away as I called on a number of occasions last week with no response.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 01:01 PM

Had to call him direct some month ago since no answer on email. No problem, very good service as usual

Giulia Sprint GT -65
Giulietta Sprint 750B -55
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 01:46 PM

Garage
Alfastop ...Tony is a good man ....

The older I get.. the faster I was....
Tom
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 08:13 PM

I talked to Tony this morning to check on my order. He's there. All good. I too have found using the phone method speeds up the communication process. He has a USA number, so zero U.K. charges to worry about on our end in the States.

FYI, get your cart & order completely together online, double check its accuracy for single and/or sets of each part(s), then use your order number for him to pull up on his computer when you call. It saves you and him time, AND it doesn't slow down everyone else with an order in the outgoing pile if he's on the phone too long. Patience with his solo effort being a bit slower isn't that tough, and his site gives a much better explanation of most parts, stock or otherwise, for each model and any advancement on original technology that went into making the new parts available. Tony is a stand-up guy to deal with and these days that means everything to me.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 09:26 AM

I just spoke to Tony this morning and ordered more parts for the 1300 SS restoration. I like to call and ask if the parts are in stock before ordering. He does not like to back order parts but I have asked him to call me when the parts can be purchased. I use Alfa Stop because it sells parts that you cannot locate and restoration would be very expensive and time consuming without Alfa Stop. I always tell Alfa owners that restoration is expensive and do not start any project without adequate time and money.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 01:42 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for your postings guys, than if Tony is at his work and still doesn´t respond to me despite maybe 5-6 reminders, it can only mean 2 options, he doesn´t accept small orders (was £60 from the beginning but two items were out of stock so £30 left), he´s pissed at me for criticizing his Sprint seat adjusting screws back in the Spring, they are zinc plated showen on his website, which I of course wanted, but received black oxid plated, pair for close to £50 !!! Which I rather didn´t want.....
I definately woudn´t have ordered them if I knew they won´t match the ones on the other seat and I´ll receive black oxid ones for that money....not exactly matching the originals shapewise either for that matter, but ok......

Either way, being quiet and not responding to anything is definately NOT NICE as there should be a certain degree of customer care, one man band or not !!! And especially when being a long time customer, sponsring Alfastop for maybe 20 plus years, spending a lot of money for parts for two project cars !!!

Dennis

Last edited by concept 101; 09-21-2018 at 02:55 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode