veloce header identification - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

veloce header identification

If you have a Veloce header that you know the exact application of sitting on the shelf ....... would you take a couple of measurement to help complete the chart below. I filled in the 750 Veloce row ........ from what I think is a correctly identified header ....... but I am open to corrections.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 11:24 AM

Garage
I have a set of 1300 Veloce Headers that measure 420mm at this dimension. OD at Engine 32mm, exit ID 41mm
Unsure what year they are from

What is the distance between corresponding stud holes at engine on 1300 Header 1-4?

1957 Spider Veloce
IN VINO VERITAS
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

The bolt holes are identical on 750, 101-1300, 101-1600 ........ a while ago I created a metal template that just fit the 8 hole ........ I tested it against the 750, 101-1300, and 101-1600 cylinder head studs ...... all the same.

My 42 and your 41 could easily be explained by the tolerance of these basically handmade manifolds.

Your 420 to my 435 is a big variation .......... so maybe yours is a real 750 and what I have is really 101 ....... just by the assumption that as tight as these fit against the body, Alfa would have made later ones bigger; not smaller.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 03:51 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubach View Post
I have a set of 1300 Veloce Headers that measure 420mm at this dimension. OD at Engine 32mm, exit ID 41mm
Unsure what year they are from

What is the distance between corresponding stud holes at engine on 1300 Header 1-4?
Carl, once I remove my header I will take measurements for you. But, I won't be till January. I would hope someone would be able to give you an answer before then.

Cheers,

George Kraus
w ::
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Portland, OR USA
e ::
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AROO ALFA BITS NEWSLETTER EDITOR ::

ALFA ROMEO OWNERS OF OREGON (AROO) ::

1960 GIULIETTA SPIDER VELOCE
RESTORATION PHOTOS ::

ALFA BULLETIN BOARD BLOG ::

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 08:10 AM

Garage
750/early 101 Headers have OD 32mm at engine. Later 101 Headers are larger OD from what I understand.

1957 Spider Veloce
IN VINO VERITAS
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 09:57 AM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubach View Post
750/early 101 Headers have OD 32mm at engine. Later 101 Headers are larger OD from what I understand.
I assume you are referring to 750 and 101 1300 motors? I would think they would be the same and 1600's would be different.

George Kraus

Portland, OR USA

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

750 Veloce: 1315.70.703 + 704
101-1300 Veloce 101.06.01.071.00 + 072.00

While different part numbers, I have been unable to find the exact difference ........... unfortunately there are few people with cars that are positively not modified and those that have them don't have them disassembled to measure.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

I gave up trying to measure at the engine, since these holes are oval shaped.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 02:56 PM
Gold Subscriber

I should have my header back from the coater in about 2 weeks and I will measure it then.

George Kraus

Portland, OR USA

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 07:00 PM
Gold Subscriber

Location: 30044 Lawrenceville,Georgia..30 miles NNE of Atlanta
Hope this doesn't muddy the waters being that these are aftermarket parts.FWIW,here's a used set of 1600 headers,along with a NOS period correct Faza Daytona front exhaust section for the Alfa Romeo 1300 Veloces. The 1300 Veloce exhaust section measures appx.41mm.ID,46mm.OD.at the collector pipes/flanges. The 1600 collectors measure appx.47mm.ID,50mm.OD. Best I could measure the 1600 tubes at the head was appx.40mm.ID at the long aspect of the oval,no larger.
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode