1959 101 Color Chart - Page 5 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 04:35 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biba69 View Post
VeloceSA, are these all Alfa colors, or colors for Italian cars in general? Also, do you know the date these were made?
And could you please post a picture that shows the information on the back side of the paint swatches?

-Ruedi
[SIZE="1"]'63 2600 Touring Spider (AR 191437, the car that started the 2000/2600 International Register, reassembly in progress)
ex-'65 2600 SZ (AR 856043, the car in my avatar, sold as resto project to Austria)
Maintainer of a private 2600 SZ register (not the one in the Netherlands).[/SIZE]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 07:49 AM

Unhappy

Biba,the colour chips shown are all Alfa Romeo colours, many of them for the 750/101 Giulietta's. Bianco ambra,bianco/azzurro nube, beige banana,pergamena,rosso corallo and bleu notte were all used on various Giulietta models.Other than rosso corallo,unfortunately no reds!
Azzurro capri and garda were,I think, used on amongst others the 1900 SS, (some years ago I saw two 1900's at the Fiera Auto e Moto d'Epoca in Padova in those colours).
The bulk of the chips are Fiat and Lancia paint chips mostly of the fifties and sixties with some samples for OM trucks and a few for Innocenti cars.
Nick
Ps. I had to compress the pics because they would not download so the discriptions are a little indistinct, sorry.
Attached Images

Last edited by VeloceSA; 12-20-2011 at 07:53 AM.
post #63 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 12:23 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to 330.gtc
Smile Paint color-65 Veloce Spider

I purchased a Pininfarina hardtop for my spider. The paint decal in the trunk of my car says DUCO, Montecatini, Rosso 95-C-9068; is this number the paint code, or does someone know the paint code so that I can give it to the gent that will paint my top?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 11:36 PM

Location: located "almost" at the geographic center of Arizona +/- a few miles
Garage
Duco is the paint, Montecatini is the manufacturer and the color is Red 95-C-9068
Duco was Dupont's trade name for their lacquer. Most all of GM's iron
prior to'58 was sprayed in lacquer, Dupont and GM were inbed financially.

Something I stumbled upon doing some recent digging on paint...

Most new stores aren’t equipped to mix synthetic enamel since they’ve made a complete switch to acrylic paints. Also the old DuPont Dulux paint numbers are being replaced by DuPont Centari acrylic enamels. One way to convert Dulux to Centari numbers is to drop the prefix from the Dulux number. For example, a Dulux 93-57704 gray becomes a Centari 57704-A.

Is it possible that you could see if 9068A would be a color match based upon information that I just described?

Christopher

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
www.alfadoctor.wordpress.com
post #65 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 02:10 AM
Darth Moderator
Platinum SubscriberModerator

330 gtc

Let your painter match the paint himself, if you try mixing to a formula you will have two separate and distinct colours on your car.

Computer analysis, 'eyeballing' and experience are the keys to a good colour match.

Ciao
Greig
post #66 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubut View Post
Digging a bit deeper, I found Azzurro Nube available from Lechler under code 305-1313 (which could be AR-305, but that code was also used for Rubino Scuro). Their brochure "Color index Refinish 2012" downloadable as 8.7 MB PDF document from here lists many rare colors.
Here's a bit of unusuality from the above linked chart. AR 011, Bianco Ondine, was made for the the Renault Dauphine and Ondine cars that Alfa built under license from 1959 to 1966. 73,481 Dauphines were built at Portello alongside the Giulietta production line. About 2,000 of these were Ondines, the more expensive version. I did not see any other Alfa colors that mentioned Ondine or Dauphine so I suppose that the other colors used were normal Alfa colors that were the closest to those that Renault used in France for these cars but perhaps genuine Renault colors were used even if the paint was made in Italy. I don't know if Bianco Ondine was available on any Alfa models during the time that it was available.

There were a number of small differences between the French and Itaiian versions. All decals and instruments were printed in Italian. A number of Italian components like the ignition came from Italian suppliers rather than French. Exterior badging said Dauphine Alfa Romeo or Ondine Alfa Romeo. The Dauphine didn't compete with any part of Alfa's product line so it was a good deal for Alfa at the time. It was also a good deal for Renault as the Alfa-built cars could be sold for rather less in Italy than was the case for those directly imported from France so Renault could sell more units.

Former owner of 2600 SZ-037 and 1300 JZ-0254,
1600 Spider, 2600 Sprint, 1300 Sprint, Alfasud TI (105 HP), Milano (rebadged as a 75)

Last edited by 1300JZ; 05-18-2013 at 01:43 PM.
post #67 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 01:16 PM

Nick/VeloceSA,
It's been a while since I was last on this thread, and am glad to see the Pozzi color wheel. May I ask if it contains a few Lancia colors, both Max Meyer names and numbers, specifically 13.665 Verde Allasion, and Forte dei Marmi 10.702?

Thank you,
Steve
post #68 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 09:58 PM

Hi Steve,

Neither of those two colors are in the 28 or so Lancia color chips in the color wheel I have, if you’d like more info send me a pm or if you prefer mail me at, nick at dpbrokers dot co dot za.

Best,
Nick

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode