1957 Giulietta Spider Veloce - How many produced? - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

Garage
1957 Giulietta Spider Veloce - How many produced?

750 F Spider Veloce Register lists 147 and other sources list 30+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 01:30 PM
Darth Moderator
Platinum SubscriberModerator

Fusi shows the following production of Spider Veloce's

1956 = 18
1957 = 32
1958 = 835
1959 = 368
1960 = 1203
1961 = 270
1962 = 270

Ciao
Greig
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 02:09 PM

I have one on the register and there has always seemed to be a divergence of data from sources on these early cars according to Tabucchi and Fusi. No one has ever explained the reasons for these differences which on face value are pretty significant.

I suppose if Pat Baden was alive he could drill deeper into what is fact and not. It does warrant some investigation into the archives to understand why the wide differences as this should be easy to chronicle as it was early in the run when most record keeping was still with a ledger and a pencil and in such few numbers..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 04:46 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Do the archives still exist to pore through in a form that anyone, including Pat Braden, could access? Marco Fazio et al are reassigned, right? And Fiat has control, intends to do something else/nothing with them?

Evan Wilson shows:
1956: 18
1957: 32
1958: 835
1959: 368
1960: 1203
1961: 270
1962: 70

His numbers are regarded as reliable, aren't they? I just re-read long parts of his book, and he seems to have had very good access at the time (published 1982).
Andrew
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 04:47 PM
Platinum Subscriber

First poster, which 750F Register are you citing? Chris Boles's site, or something else?
Andrew
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Veloceregister.net/750f.htm

(I have 1495*01960)
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 11:58 PM

Location: located "almost" at the geographic center of Arizona +/- a few miles
Garage
Here is what I know about the difference in the numbers and I could be way off. When Fusi compiled the numbers he used the Alfa archives from the books that were compiled at the end of the assembly line. Amico and Tabucchi also went through the records and were again from what I know, very meticulous about the numbers. This is reflected in the book when you look at each section of cars produced. I can only imagine the hours spent going through the books. Even then there was a supplement published to go with the double book set to clarify some issues. Most of us have been around long enough that we used Fusi's numbers as the official bible if you will until the A&T book set came out. The numbers on my website were taken from the Fusi book...Alfa Romeo dal 1910.

Thank you for mentioning my register. The registers are now approaching about 1000 cars listed. I add cars about once every two weeks or less to the registers. Currently working on correspondence with a couple of people about some of the more rare cars on the registers.

Some were lists from sources given to me, my own research for cars and from websites where cars have been for sale. What you see is what was either listed in the ads, given by the owners or person selling the vehicles. I never claim to be 100%, I am only documenting what exists. I do not have all that are out there as it is hard to get chassis numbers. It is a labor of love. It would be nice to get back my monthly expenditure. I am hoping to be able to keep the website/registers going for a little longer.

If there was two requests I could have fulfilled, it would be to get the Bertone body numbers and PF trunk floor numbers from the cars listed. Also having updates on the cars. Some change hands 3 or more owners before it resurfaces and that history is lost. Once is it gone, it is almost impossible to retrieve. That is why you see so many cars with history of "previous owners: unknown" listed. If the history was known, it could be used to have the car ASI certified in Italy for a gold plate.

Thank you to all who have contributed, found cars for me and corresponded about your car.

Christopher

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
www.alfadoctor.wordpress.com
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 12:27 AM

Chris, if you used Fusi why 147 and not 32? Isn't this part of the original question?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 02:03 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by divotandtralee View Post
Chris, if you used Fusi why 147 and not 32? Isn't this part of the original question?
Uncle Rick, I think he counted up all that were in my 750F register. The other posts show how many were produced per year.

Christopher

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocedoc View Post
Uncle Rick, I think he counted up all that were in my 750F register. The other posts show how many were produced per year.
This says 147 for 1957.. I guess that adds some confusion. Don't know what (C) and (E) mean.. 750F SPIDER VELOCE REGISTER

Last edited by divotandtralee; 08-12-2016 at 02:31 AM.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 04:00 AM
GTD

(C) - chassis

(E) - engine

Alfa Sapiens
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2016, 05:47 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for all the replies. I am learning from you more experienced owners out there (only 3 years for me).

The Fusi register and Veloceregister (numbers in white) have the same production numbers for most model years, except 56 and 57.

1956: Fusi 18, Veloceregister 14 (38 registered; are some of these Normale??)
1957: Fusi 32, Veloceregister 147 (28 registered)

Still somewhat confused on this topic.

Ulf in MN
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2016, 01:38 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubach View Post
Thanks for all the replies. I am learning from you more experienced owners out there (only 3 years for me).

The Fusi register and Veloceregister (numbers in white) have the same production numbers for most model years, except 56 and 57.

1956: Fusi 18, Veloceregister 14 (38 registered; are some of these Normale??)
1957: Fusi 32, Veloceregister 147 (28 registered)

Still somewhat confused on this topic.

Ulf in MN
AH...I think I see where your confusion is coming from. When I first started the register, I put down the only information I had as to the year. So many of the cars still have the original "guess" year listed from when I started. As the cars came to the register, I was able to put in the production date. That left many of the cars with a "guess" as to what date they were produced. I ask always for the year produced but many times I get nothing back in response. I could spend a lot of time asking the Alfa archives for information but they would be over come with to much time. For me to go back through will take some time and effort to clarify the numbers as to production year.

I really should just take the whole website down and work on it. To many mistakes and links missing. If you find it missing you know why.

Christopher

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks Velocedoc for the update.
As I now understand, the production was 32 for 1957.
Thanks again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode