Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Restoration of Sprint Veloce 06920

90K views 222 replies 36 participants last post by  carl750 
#1 · (Edited)
At Greg from S. Africa's request I will start putting out some pictures on this project.

Attachments

See less See more
#55 ·
Original Girling shock absorbers

1949 E 06920 still had the original Girling shock absorbers.

-- Front: Girling DAS 4½ / 141NF ACM
-- Rear: Girling DAS 8 / 152NF ABM
-- They are both dark green with a light green strip the length of the tube-cover for the push rod.
-- Front: Inside the light green strip are the letters “E F G” vertically aligned in 1/2” tall red letters
-- Rear: Inside the light green strip are the letters “B C D E F G”

Greig Smith pointed out that the following bid of information about the art work on the side of the shocks:
-- EFG at the front are for 750E / 750F & 750G
-- The same set was used across the board for the rears 750B/750C/750D/750E/750F & 750G

Attachments

#58 ·
Hi Carl

Interesting to see that the Series II Interim / transition jack cover plates have a slight kink in them just below the thumb nicks, the Series I cover plates are straight & the spring legs are slightly uneven in length.

The only constant with Alfa is change !!!

Ciao
Greig

#72 ·
Steering Column Grommet

There are four different grommets: Berlina, Sprint, Spider, SS.

I found what I think is a pretty good reproduction of the Sprint grommet at MR FIAT web site.

Attached are mechanical drawings (will not claim CAD) I made from an excellent Spider example and one I made from two fairly poor Sprint examples plus some data on the column hole taken from MR FIAT reproduction.

Attachments

#76 ·
Factory Tool Kit

Attached are pictures of a unmolested tool kit from a one-owner 1958 Spider Normale with about 20,000 miles on it. I believe the tools were removed from the pouch for the first time to make these pictures. As I understand it the Veloce special tools were not inside the tool bag, but were just dumped under the seat!. Unfortunately, I don't have them.

Note: the wrenches are actually very "black", with a coating similar to nuts and bolts. I used Photoshop to lighten the pictures so more detail could be seen.

Attachments