New Giulia GTV6 - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 08:09 PM

Garage
Alfa diesels are amazing, you just need to rework your thinking to drive fast.

The 1.9JTD in my old 156 Sportwagon was a peach, fast, strong, quick to 5K rpm - did a fun lap of the Nurburgring ring (now in Aust.).

I currently drive a Giulietta QV and would seriously consider swapping it for the JTD version with the TCT gearbox if the right spec came up (blue, pana roof, QV pack).. rare as hens teeth here though. The torque from the JTD is addictive, can be remapped to silly power and uses staggeringly very little fuel at all if you drive normally.

That said, yes; dervs are going to disappear very shortly.
We have the diesel Stelvio here in Aust., I’m avoiding it, as I know I will come home with it

'66 1600 Duetto | '73 1600 GTJunior | '03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon | '11 Giulietta QV (wow, revelation) | I really don't need this many Alfa's...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 10:42 PM
Gold Subscriber

I want to see some pictures of the GTV6!
cowfy likes this.

Bill Maloney

1969 Giulia Super Biscione
2017 Giulia TI AWD
1965 Fiat 1500 Cabriolet
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Let the gtv be as practical as tits on a bull. I already got practical. my daily wheels are a FROG.YES. A frog.well.......it's a multipla.six large comfortable seats.enough room to put a hippo in.runs on diesel fuel.1.9 turbo diesel. & it looks like a FROG.....But the new gtv.who gives a gaseous wind how much she'll drink.Hello.It's a g=grand t=touring v=veloce=fast.forza.back seats? for a sandwich & a bottle of petit verdot..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 04:46 PM

A rendering.

gprocket and shakingthrough like this.
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 04:48 PM
Gold Subscriber

Wow, I love it. Sign me up!

Bill Maloney

1969 Giulia Super Biscione
2017 Giulia TI AWD
1965 Fiat 1500 Cabriolet
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

That is the common rendering.That's what i'm talking about.I say it will look nothing like that.I have to tip of my hat to alfa for having this switcherroo & fooling the alfisti.Great looker that rendering, but the GTV will look nothing like that.
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 06:32 AM

Coupe simply means cut in French. Traditionally a sedan was built as a coupe by cutting a section out of the wheelbase, requiring similar surgery to the rear passengers knees. Traditionally a Spider was built differently to the sedan and could be made lighter in the days of body on frame.

Current coupes are styling exercises with nothing else to recommend them. Most convertibles are just significantly heavier than equivalent coupes or even sedans unless built on tubs instead of unibody.

Alfa intends to succumb to the economic nonsense of producing a coupe version of the sedan which will offer no performance improvements over the QF. Whether it will look any better is of course a matter of opinion. Given the strange and apparently significant reduction in market interest in sedans it may well be the coupe will not be produced for North America.

The 8C will be a true sportscar, purpose built to be lighter than any sedan equivalent might be. Being very limited production we will probably be offered a few. Very, very expensive.

1991 Alfa Romeo 164L 5 spd
White on grey leather 230K km, owned from new
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onethumb View Post
So does a twin turbo v6 with 505 horsepower. Actually, our giant SUV gets the same mileage as the Guilia Quad...and it has a V8.

Just try fitting 2 child seats, an Au Pair, 2 German Shepherds and an English Springer into a Stelvio for a week long trip into Utah...oh and you still have to pack!

Different vehicles for people with different needs.
Fully agree. We have three kids and a dog hence Land Rover Discovery 4 rather than Stelvio.

1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce / 2014 BMW M135i / 2004 Ducati Monster 1000

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode