Stelvio QV sets new Nurburgring SUV record - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 06:46 AM

The most interesting aspect of the SUV/crossover market is how popular car-like trucks have become.

The SUV/crossover presents an effective illusion to the marketplace of a more practical, roomy and yet still sporty vehicle than a boring old sedan.

In reality, the SUV/crossover enjoys none of these supposed advantages.

The result is ever more car like SUV/crossover vehicles built on sedan platforms using sedan suspension and drivetrains with sedan interiors.

The only difference between these vehicles and their sedan equivalents is weight, they are all bigger and heavier to perform an almost identical function.

They cost more for less, use more fuel and, biggest joke if all, generally carry less stuff thsn the equivalent sedan.

It's a mystery but then most people really don't like to drive.

1991 Alfa Romeo 164L 5 spd
White on grey leather 230K km, owned from new

Last edited by Michael Smith; 10-02-2017 at 06:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 10:22 AM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
You are 100% right Michael; and Del I've not experienced this steering wheel grab thing, or I have and forgotten.

We owned a Nissan Dualis, Quashi, and I'm not sure what that is called? A soft SUV? ... anyway no climbing required, just step in and I have to admit it was a great family car. Rolly polly around corners, yes but super comfortable cruiser. The 156v6 though is very easy to get in and out of but I wonder how easy it will be when I'm 70 to get up to a standing position?

We also have a Honda Odyssey and personally a far far and I mean faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better car than a SUV. It really is just a longer car so you can have 7 seats. Yes it is taller than the Alfa so fuel consumption suffers on trips but if you want to carry lots of people and don't have small penis/I need to be considered a real man concerns get a people mover.
Pete
horsewidower likes this.

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 12:50 PM

Honda builds several versions of their Accord sedan. The Odyssey is the van version. The Pilot is the SUV version and they call their Ridgeline a truck, but it isn't which you would discover if you tried to use it as one.

The Accord is still their best version of these variants.

1991 Alfa Romeo 164L 5 spd
White on grey leather 230K km, owned from new
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-13-2017, 09:57 AM

Thanks for the post. Alfa said the Stelvio QV would be the best handing SUV on the planet and they produced. And this is a very bfd because the performance matches a coupe, a BMW coupe, more specifically a BMW M4 coupe. Now you can have more space and great handling and driving capabilities (and yes fellas the SUV does offer more space, I have a new Giulia TI and looked at the Stelvio and as always the SUVs offer more space). You old farts should stick to 1970 because these new Alfa's aren't made for you. They want you for sure but if you can't get with the program that actually sells cars then stay out of the way little dogs 'cause big dogs are moving in.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode