Giulia lease scam - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Giulia lease scam

I have no need for a new car, I have 17 or so cars. Nonetheless I was lured in to the Alfa dealer by an ad for low monthly Giulia lease terms - $199 monthly for two years- I thought why not get a Giulia for two years. Why not? Well, I'll tell you: FCA/Alfa Romeo have engineered their lease to draw people away from other vehicles. The fine print on the lease terms is that one must be a lessee of a competitor vehicle, otherwise you have to pay an additional $2750 down to get those terms. If I had a lease (or perhaps owned) an Acura, Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, or Volvo sedan, I would be eligible for the lease without the additional $2750. The fact that I've owned Alfa Romeos continually for 30 years, have a GTV, spider, GTV6 and a 2012 Fiat 500 currently gets me....nothing, except an additional $2750 charge. This company does not respect loyalty. They would rather sell cars to Volvo owners than to loyal Alfa customers. Fine, then go ahead and sell cars to Volvo owners. Good luck with that. I left disgusted. I emailed Alfa Romeo customer service and some nitwit who didn't even know what a GTV6 was called me back and re explained the lease terms to me. Thanks for nothing. Alfa failed in the US in 1993 and with these FCA nitwits at the helm I wouldn't be surprised if they're in for a encore failure. Alfa vergognatevi!
Renaldo and Anfanuts like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 12:41 PM

Not much different than veteran discount, college grad discount, etc. it's their game and rules. Always best when everyone gets the lowest price with no gimmicks.
not2old4toys likes this.

1992 Spider Veloce (sold)
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montesa View Post
I have no need for a new car, I have 17 or so cars. Nonetheless I was lured in to the Alfa dealer by an ad for low monthly Giulia lease terms - $199 monthly for two years- I thought why not get a Giulia for two years. Why not? Well, I'll tell you: FCA/Alfa Romeo have engineered their lease to draw people away from other vehicles. The fine print on the lease terms is that one must be a lessee of a competitor vehicle, otherwise you have to pay an additional $2750 down to get those terms. If I had a lease (or perhaps owned) an Acura, Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, or Volvo sedan, I would be eligible for the lease without the additional $2750. The fact that I've owned Alfa Romeos continually for 30 years, have a GTV, spider, GTV6 and a 2012 Fiat 500 currently gets me....nothing, except an additional $2750 charge. This company does not respect loyalty. They would rather sell cars to Volvo owners than to loyal Alfa customers. Fine, then go ahead and sell cars to Volvo owners. Good luck with that. I left disgusted. I emailed Alfa Romeo customer service and some nitwit who didn't even know what a GTV6 was called me back and re explained the lease terms to me. Thanks for nothing. Alfa failed in the US in 1993 and with these FCA nitwits at the helm I wouldn't be surprised if they're in for a encore failure. Alfa vergognatevi!
And you created a new account just to come here and tell us all about it?
Do you really expect me to roll over and unload both of my Alfas? I own a 2015 4C and a 2017 Giulia, both are paid for.
Leases are for suckers, so what is it that you're really trying to tell us? That you can't afford a new Alfa and your trying to twist it around into Alfa Romeo as the one with the problem?

RaceráZ ... 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C
2017 Alfa Romeo Ti Q2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 11:50 PM

Troll
Joehyb likes this.

Stacy Faught -- Alfas: 1983 GTV-6, 2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio. Non-Alfas: 1991 Corvette ZR-1
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-01-2017, 06:08 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Don't blame the dealer or auto maker. It's your responsibility to read the contract you sign.

It's not a scammer, it's a lure.
steveh29 likes this.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

Are owners of non classic Alfas jerks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Z View Post
And you created a new account just to come here and tell us all about it?
Do you really expect me to roll over and unload both of my Alfas? I own a 2015 4C and a 2017 Giulia, both are paid for.
Leases are for suckers, so what is it that you're really trying to tell us? That you can't afford a new Alfa and your trying to twist it around into Alfa Romeo as the one with the problem?
Gosh. What an [email protected]@sholish response. First off, I didn't create a new account to tell all of you about it. I've had an account since 2007 (username ossa)- but I couldn't log in to that account (I forgot the password and couldn't recover it) so I created a new one. I don't know what part of "I own 17 or so cars" you didn't understand, my car collection is insured for $850K with Hagerty, so I certainly could afford a 4C and a Giulia if I wanted to buy one. I'm not sure what kind of sucker you might be, but I write most of my lease off on my taxes, so it makes more financial sense (to me, and millions of others) to lease some cars rather than own. Also - the point I was making was that FCA/Alfa didn't respect customer loyalty, and that point still stands. Lastly, I need another car like a hole in the head, I just thought if I could get an Alfa sedan cheaply (and give it back after two years), then why not. As it turns out, I found a dealer that would consider my 1976 Lamborghini a competitor vehicle (!) so I may get the Giulia after all.
Joehyb and bobbyloglisci like this.

Last edited by montesa; 07-02-2017 at 07:07 PM.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 08:42 AM
AlfaBB Moderating Team
Super Moderator

This thread is about Alfa's marketing/leasing practices, not for mud slinging or name calling. Please be mindful of the original topic, and the forum rules, before posting.
The thread has been reopened for respectful discussion.
Thank you.

The Moderators
Racer Z and IanB like this.

The Moderators
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 07:11 PM
Del
Gold Subscriber

" the point I was making was that FCA/Alfa didn't respect customer loyalty, and that point still stands"

Have to admit, I am disappointed in that as well, considering that Alfa Romeo has been, for us, a "specialty" car, representing something more unique than the average. Of course, now, with them really trying for mass sales to the general public, we who kept the name alive in the US do not fit their sales demographics. In essence, the heck with you guys. You won't buy enough to really help us out.

With luck and good care, I'll just keep my LS, etc, I think.

Del

Seattle

1989 Milano, Shankle Sport
1991 164S, stock
1994 164LS (~Q)
1972 Morgan 27

previously owned since 1964:

62 Morris MiniMinor 850, 67 Austin 1275 Cooper S (Downton 3/4 race), 64 Giulia Sprint GT (1st red one made), 72 Fiat 128 Sedan, 75 Alfetta Sedan, 78 Alfetta Sedan, 78 GTV, 81 GTV6, 86 GTV6
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 09:21 PM

All I can add to this conversation is that I drove past OC Fiat in Costa Mesa this week and I've never seen so many Alfa's for sale in one place before. They'll have to do something to move 'em.......

Alister
1973 105 GTV (Alfa #6 of 19 owned)
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 09:30 PM
Del
Gold Subscriber

More and better advertising, like all the others do.

Del

Seattle

1991 164S, stock
1994 164LS (~Q)
1972 Morgan 27

62 Morris MiniMinor 850, 67 Austin 1275 Cooper S (Downton 3/4 race), 64 Giulia Sprint GT (1st red one made), 72 Fiat 128 Sedan, 75 Alfetta Sedan, 78 Alfetta Sedan, 78 GTV, 81 GTV6, 86 GTV6
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 08:43 PM

Smile we bit on the lue

I liked the lure - $2750 down, $320 per month for two years - all you had to show was that you had, currently, a non FCA car. We own a Subaru so we bit. Now a proud lessee of white Alfa Romeo Giuliani TI!

proud owner of white 1972 GT 1300 Junior built European spec.
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 09:33 PM
Del
Gold Subscriber

Sure leaves me out, as I had nothing but Alfas since the 60's, but that doesn't count.

Del

Seattle

1991 164S, stock
1994 164LS (~Q)
1972 Morgan 27

post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 04:42 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del View Post
More and better advertising, like all the others do.
I have only seen one Alfa Romeo commercial. It gets shown over and over.

The cars are priced too high for most folks. Alfa's competition offers more affordable options.

post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-06-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossodiseppia View Post
I have only seen one Alfa Romeo commercial. It gets shown over and over.

The cars are priced too high for most folks. Alfa's competition offers more affordable options.
Which competitors cars are you comparing them too please?
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-06-2017, 03:17 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
BMW and Audi both have a wide range of cars and price points.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode