Want manual giulia.... - Page 5 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 249Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 883 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 01:31 PM

Just FYI, more than 10000 Giulia for US market already built. Total production of Giulia on the end of May is 48000

Sent from my Z957 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 883 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gepetto View Post
I'd like to see a new Giulietta that is a slightly lower price point. Think premium compact like a VW GTI, or Mini Cooper S. I have a sneaky suspicion they'd sell a bunch of those here, regardless of transmission.
I think to early to talk about Giulietta, it will be in production till 2021.

PS Giulietta Veloce is similar or better than GTI. 4c engine, improved gearbox and even fake engine sound system

Last edited by Max Pershyn; 06-06-2017 at 01:39 PM.
post #63 of 883 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Attached Images

1966 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - slightly modified!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 883 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Totally agree. Every time I turn on the TV i see BMW, Audi, MB commercials. Alfa? Once in a while. It seems they haven't learned the lessons of 20-30 years ago. Brand recognition, people!

And Fiat appears to have completely given up advertising for the 500. The 124 gets very l ittle.
Not for anything but Alfa has been pushing the Giulia hard on tv since the SB. I see at least 5-7 spots per day on the Giulia...Now, they do need a new commercial...this one has been around since early Feb.
Gepetto likes this.

87 Maserati Biturbo Spider since new, 13 Abarth 500
16 Alfa Romeo 4C Rosso Competizione Coupe
post #65 of 883 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 03:39 PM

Garage
I think one idea for a commercial is to get some of us Alfisti (including younger owners with older ones) with some of our cars (especially the original Giulia) talking briefly (think sound bite) about what we love about it...intersperse images or footage of the new Giulia in action...and then finally the new Giulia still shot with some slogan that I haven't thought of yet...
post #66 of 883 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 04:30 AM

Some thoughts:

- The manual was developed and federalized for the US market and at the last minute Alfa US did a switcheroo and made the QV auto only for the US (where it wasnt even going to offer the auto).
- Alfa stating at that time that 'only one percent' of US buyers would choose the manual is not correct considering the base and the M3/M4 manual take rate is at about 25% in the US. Plus what kind of logic were they using for stating that it would be a 'manual only' for the US knowing that most US buyers would want an automatic?
- If they developed and federalized both, then why not offer them both? Choice is a wonderful thing to have and it would be one way to capture manual Audi and Mercedes owners whose cars no longer offer manuals (I am one of them in the Audi camp).
- It has been reported that the manual is 'awful' yet most manual fans that are remaining probably could not care less and would rather drive an 'awful' manual than the best automatic. Most of us remember what a truly awful manual feels like (mine was my family's 1978 Fiat SuperBrava that had a manual and clutch that felt downright agricultural). And how is it possible that any manufacturer develop an awful manual these days? Especially since the Giulia's gestation was ridiculously long.
- From what I have seen, the sales have been pretty dismal unfortunately. Offering the already developed and federalized manual (I cannot stress that point enough) would increase sales. Yes, a small number but they need all the help that they can get. My S5's lease was up in November and I fully expected to have a Giulia QV in my driveway right now but instead I bought the lease out until I figure out what to do next.
- For all the flack that I give Alfa US for this decision, I will give them credit for the advertising. I completely disagree with Gepetto on this one as since the Super Bowl, I see the Giulia commercial constantly, I see billboards, and they have sponsored half time for the Super Bowl and College Basketball. This is a far cry from the Alfa US in the 80's where you may have seen a print ad in a car magazine only. Even my non-car enthusiast friends have noticed the commericals.
IanB likes this.
post #67 of 883 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 09:39 AM

Did little survey for you hopeful guys: Checked how big percentage the manual has on market where both manual and paddle shift are sold of the Quadrifoglio, like in Germany and here in Norway. I thought it could be more manuals than 5-10 %!

First Norway: I found not a single one manual Q. Only the the paddle shift on sale even if the manual is available. I think rason for this is the high price here of around 110.000 Euros. At this price people will have all extra Equipment availbale!

Then Germany: Checked offers at Mobile:de and found they almost sold the same amount of manuals as paddle shift. Germany is a big market(80 mill. population) and there are a lot of offers so out of 86 cars for sale, 39 were manuals an 47 were paddle shift. That means 45% manuals and 55% paddle shift.

That could be a figure to mention to the local dealer if you consider your market any way near the German market!

Here a link to the Quadrifoglio offfers in Germany. Schaltgetriebe means manual!

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/s...er=1&scopeId=C

By the way I found the Sparco seat version and ceramic brakes, as some of these cars have as quite interesting!

G.
post #68 of 883 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 10:06 AM

Maxim: The 10 Sweetest Rides That Still Have Manual Transmissions, Ranked. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwo9iNijU
post #69 of 883 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 03:51 PM

14.5 hours.

To change the clutch in Giulia QV. How much per hour AR dealerships charge? Ready to pay?
post #70 of 883 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 06:22 AM

Quote:
I'd like to see a new Giulietta that is a slightly lower price point. Think premium compact like a VW GTI, or Mini Cooper S. I have a sneaky suspicion they'd sell a bunch of those here, regardless of transmission.

And, they'd introduce the brand to some younger people (who have less money, for now) and get them to be repeat customers.
This thread is drifting, but I can tell you that what Alfa needs is the Stelvio (think Porsche Cayanne/Macan) and a baby stelvio of some kind.
Mini/Micro SUV is where ALL the money is going the last 10 months.
Gepetto likes this.
post #71 of 883 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 06:34 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Pershyn View Post
14.5 hours.

To change the clutch in Giulia QV. How much per hour AR dealerships charge? Ready to pay?
Meh. Clutches these days can last upwards of 100k miles. If you can afford an $80k car, you can afford to spend a few thousand on a clutch in 7-10 years. I'm guessing a clutch on an M3 is not a cheap proposition either.
post #72 of 883 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 06:51 AM

C-SUV and E-SUV are next models in Alfa line. E-SUV will be based on Levante platform (based on old MB E-klass, the same as Ghibli, Quattroporte, Chellanger, Grand Cherokee), C-SUV probably on modified Compact platform (the old one, based on Tipo2 from early 80s, current cars are Cherokee, Pacifica, Dart, Giulietta, Dart, 200)

post #73 of 883 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealric View Post
Meh. Clutches these days can last upwards of 100k miles. If you can afford an $80k car, you can afford to spend a few thousand on a clutch in 7-10 years. I'm guessing a clutch on an M3 is not a cheap proposition either.
Exactly...just give the OPTION of selecting a manual and I'll take my chances that it would need a new clutch during my ownership. It's not as if an Automatic is maintenance free either. And for the record, in my thirty plus years of new manual car ownership, I have never had to replace the clutch.
post #74 of 883 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 11:35 AM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Pershyn View Post
14.5 hours.

Gee Max what is your deal here?

Do you have some personal issues with manual transmissions? Unless you cannot drive, no new owner of a QF will need to change a clutch. Maybe the second or third owner but like James said, I've been running manual cars for 34 years and I've never worn a clutch out, never ... even the poor van that I had to slip the clutch so much, to back a trailer that was too heavy for it, that it was producing clouds of white smoke ... still did not wear it out, but sure took some life out of it .

So as we can clearly see based on the post by Gabor K., as I said earlier, whoever are selling Alfa Romeos in America do NOT know their market as nearly 50% of the cars sold would likely to have been manuals! Unfortunately I cannot see Alfa Romeo lasting long in America with this obvious inept management and sales team , such a pity, unless the SUV takes off and yes even I if I was to purchase the SUV, would consider the automatic version.
Pete
Gepetto likes this.

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #75 of 883 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 11:58 AM

RoadandTrack.com: I Drove the Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio With a Manual and It's Everything You Want It to Be. http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...want-it-to-be/
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode