2017 Alfa Romeo Ti Q2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #167 of 178 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Z View Post
What about deceleration slip percent?
I have no idea.
I try to decelerate in a straight line, and accelerate through the turns!
AlfaAndy

ALFA ANDY
post #168 of 178 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andylarry View Post
I have no idea.
AlfaAndy
Throttle steering in the turns.

Uhm, that's a track based thing. Not really a wise position to be in on the street.

RaceráZ ... 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C
2017 Alfa Romeo Ti Q2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #169 of 178 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 06:56 AM

Friday, the wife and I visited the Studio once more. I had arranged an "extended test drive" with the sales rep. We are shopping for a 2.0 Ti. They had a Ti with the Performance Package, Sport Package and sunroof for us to drive. We had planned to drive around the Studio neighborhood for awhile and then hit the interstates for an extended time to see if we would be comfortable on longer stints. The neighborhood drive lasted about 45 minutes before we drove back to the Studio to swap cars. The sport seats were VERY UNCOMFORTABLE. The side bolsters hit both of us in the sides as well as interfering with our lower arms. The inflate / deflate mechanism did very little to improve the comfort. FYI, my wife and I are both about 5'8" tall and I am about 175 lbs. She is much lighter, very trim. We switched into a Giulia with the Lusso Cannolonni seats, sunroof, no PP. MUCH better. These are the seats for us. We headed for the interstate. We then drove home to see what she looked like parked in our driveway. Went to the local pizza shop, had lunch and headed back to the interstate for a long trip back to the Studio. All in all about 200 miles (both cars), and 5 hours. More power and better steering and handling than our 01 530i and our 04 330xi. AC cooled to 36-38 degrees vent air temp. The controls will take a bit of time to learn, but seemed acceptable. The 2.0 four cylinder engine and eight speed trans are matched very nicely for both stop and go city driving and the interstate. Cruises calmly and accelerates strongly. Had her up to 130 on an up hill stretch of interstate and she was still pulling hard. The 2.9 must be a beast! Now, we just have to decide on a few more options and place the order.

ALFA ANDY
post #170 of 178 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

We have a Giulia Ti Q2 with Lusso pack and the Ti performance pack. I don't have enough seat time in the sport seats to notice the side bolsters, but I've heard the same complaint from others. We've only taken a few medium length drives so far and find the Lusso seat (cream) to be quite comfortable. About 350 miles now.

The Ti performance pack (Q2) adds a limited slip differential, active suspension and paddle shifters. The suspension changes firmness with the DNA setting. The DNA switch also adjusts the steering feel & feedback, brake feel & feedback, throttle feel & feedback, transmission shifting and auto gear select, torque converter feel & feedback.

For the most part, I find natural / auto to be the best setting. We did go up into the canyons for a nice long winding drive. Dynamic / manual worked well. I could feel the weight of the saloon. I would have liked stiffer anti-roll bars, stiffer springs and stiffer dampers. But, I'm also comparing a (almost) 4,000 pound sedan to my (less than) 2,500 pound 4C coupe. And, if these are set to stiff, it will be uncomfortable around town. The Giulia will be a great car for us on extended vacations or shuttling passengers around. We will be able to load our luggage and tool the back roads.

We took my parents out to dinner the other night. They both said the back seat was very comfortable. Dad's an old Alfa guy with two vintage Alfas in his stable. The new Giulia was very comfortable, very quite and very smooth. We all found it easy to converse while driving. We're all *older*, I'm the youngest at 59. Dad is almost 80 now. Even with our old ears, we didn't have any trouble with talking/hearing at normal levels.
andylarry likes this.

2017 Alfa Romeo Ti Q2
post #171 of 178 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 09:59 PM

I visited my local Alfa dealer and told him that I was interested in purchasing a Giulia QV Coupe. I realize that Alfa does not make a coupe at this time and told him that I have owned a total of six Alfa sedans and want a coupe. I have my restored Giulietta Sprint Veloce and want a newer car. I might even buy a red Alfa for the first time in my life. I did not realize that the QV car has different seats than the Ti models.
post #172 of 178 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 06:49 AM

Quote:
I have no idea.
AlfaAndy
One assumes the reference is to the ratio of permitted axle slip on overrun as opposed to power on. I seriously doubt the Giulia uses a purely mechanical clutch plate type LSD. These are now passÚ for road cars.

The QF fits a torque vectoring LSD which no doubt uses electronic control of the slip ratio. Typically for road use these have no LSD action on overrun.

The base model has a "mechanical" LSD and I expect the same unit is fitted to both rwd and awd models. If so then it is bound to be a helical or Torsen type which generally has a different bias ratio on overrun and since it biases torque and does not actually limit slip does not operate on overrun since the Torsen type only biases torque delivered at the pinion gear.

1991 Alfa Romeo 164L 5 spd
White on grey leather 230K km, owned from new
post #173 of 178 (permalink) Old 09-12-2017, 01:44 PM

I spent the betterment part of the evening at the dealer last night and can't find anything that has the options I want. When you folks ordered your cars did you give a deposit, if yes how much? Also were you able to negotiate off of sticker?
post #174 of 178 (permalink) Old 09-12-2017, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkendlick View Post
I spent the betterment part of the evening at the dealer last night and can't find anything that has the options I want. When you folks ordered your cars did you give a deposit, if yes how much? Also were you able to negotiate off of sticker?
Well, I have heard that the Dealerships are holding to MSRP on the Quads. On the Base 2.0s and Ti(s), they are willing to sell at "invoice price". Also, for the 2.0s, you can join treadlightly.org at the $100.00 level and become included in the FCA Affiliates Program (if your dealership participates-ask) which gives a further discount. Then, there are incentives that may apply, at the time of purchase. Use your search engine to find what is out there. Also join the giuliaforums.com and read the posts there. Good luck!

ALFA ANDY
post #175 of 178 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
That would be dependent on the dealer. I did not need to leave a deposit and got the Giulia for MSRP. I have a good relation with my dealer and have bought several cars from them. Getting a car from this dealer at MSRP is a discount as they were moving cars over sticker at that time.

I buy from the dealer who will be doing my service/warranty work. Yes, I paid over sticker for my 4C, but when it needs service/warranty work, they treat me right.

2017 Alfa Romeo Ti Q2
post #176 of 178 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 09:34 AM

I have bought several new Alfas over the years and could only buy what was available from the local area dealers. I was not able to special order an Alfa in the US. I believe that I could special order an Alfa if I took delivery in Italy.
post #177 of 178 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Friday, the wife and I visited the Studio once more. I had arranged an "extended test drive" with the sales rep. We are shopping for a 2.0 Ti. They had a Ti with the Performance Package, Sport Package and sunroof for us to drive. We had planned to drive around the Studio neighborhood for awhile and then hit the interstates for an extended time to see if we would be comfortable on longer stints. The neighborhood drive lasted about 45 minutes before we drove back to the Studio to swap cars. The sport seats were VERY UNCOMFORTABLE. The side bolsters hit both of us in the sides as well as interfering with our lower arms. The inflate / deflate mechanism did very little to improve the comfort. FYI, my wife and I are both about 5'8" tall and I am about 175 lbs. She is much lighter, very trim. We switched into a Giulia with the Lusso Cannolonni seats, sunroof, no PP. MUCH better. These are the seats for us. We headed for the interstate. We then drove home to see what she looked like parked in our driveway. Went to the local pizza shop, had lunch and headed back to the interstate for a long trip back to the Studio. All in all about 200 miles (both cars), and 5 hours. More power and better steering and handling than our 01 530i and our 04 330xi. AC cooled to 36-38 degrees vent air temp. The controls will take a bit of time to learn, but seemed acceptable. The 2.0 four cylinder engine and eight speed trans are matched very nicely for both stop and go city driving and the interstate. Cruises calmly and accelerates strongly. Had her up to 130 on an up hill stretch of interstate and she was still pulling hard. The 2.9 must be a beast! Now, we just have to decide on a few more options and place the order.
Boy, what dealers have to do to make a sale.
post #178 of 178 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 04:06 PM

Quote:

Yes I did put down a $5k non refundable deposit and I got $1500 off sticker.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode