2007 automatic transmission no dip stick and grinding noise - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

2007 automatic transmission no dip stick and grinding noise

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is having a fine day. i have a few questions that i cant find the answer to easily.

I own a 2007 sport-wagon with a 2.4 JTDM engine and automatic transmission. i had the transmission/ differential serviced about 5 months ago by Alfa here in Germany. last week i started to hear a grinding noise that sounds like the differential is empty, every manual i can find on the car does not list the Automatic transmission. there is no stick to check the transmission fluid level and i have looked at the gear box and there are several plugs that can be removed just don't know which one. additionally i read that the transmission and the differential share fluid is this true?? I really dont think it is the transmission as i have no shifting problems, the RPMs are the same and besides for the grinding noise the engine sounds normal. I replaced the HUBs about 14 months ago because of a similar sound and it cleared up but it is back and 2x as loud this time. i have looked for something rubbing and checked the brakes for issues but even after a 2 hour drive at 160-180km/h there is no signs of heat or excess friction dust. the sound starts at around 45km/h and get worse until 135km/h then get quieter but still there.

Ideas, bad Hub or bad CV joint or the Differential is going bad

please help,

i enjoy driving the car and need to get it back to an operational state with out going to the dealer if possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
brakes, differential, half shaft, transmission, wheel bearing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode