selling my t5 kit - Page 7 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 97 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 02:31 PM
Gold Subscriber

to clarify the tunnel issue, i did not cut my trans tunnel for the shifter location, the wider flat section top driver's side interfered w/tunnel. the 115 chassis has the tunnel offset about an inch to the passenger side as the motor is canted and the crank centerline is not centered in the car. i am using a 3.0 v6 mounted nearly centerline in the chassis, just slightly to the right. that being the case it just made clearance issues worse. with a 4 cyl with trans in original location, may or may not be an issue.

87 graduate, 81 gtv6, 91 164s, 73 berlina 79 Mille miglia GONE: 76 alfetta gt, 74 berlina, 85 gtv6, 79 spider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 97 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 02:38 PM
Gold Subscriber

p.s. i totally agree on DON'T paint the tranny, except maybe a silver. i prefer just cleaned very well. i checked out several before pulling the one i bought, none were painted, most looked like they had never been pulled.

87 graduate, 81 gtv6, 91 164s, 73 berlina 79 Mille miglia GONE: 76 alfetta gt, 74 berlina, 85 gtv6, 79 spider
post #93 of 97 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 06:03 PM

I didn't realize you were using a V6. I'm still not afraid of cutting the tunnel, but if it ends up that I don't have to, so much the better. And natural aluminum is much nicer to look at, even if its under the car. To answer an earlier post, I really don't care if the modification is reversible or not since I will have the car until it falls apart then I'll buy another one and swap out the modifications that I have done and pass that one on to my son.

Last edited by mongollion; 12-19-2011 at 06:20 PM. Reason: inaccurate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 97 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 07:51 PM
Gold Subscriber

its quite possible some careful sheetmetal contouring [ with a big ole hammer] could get any clearance needed, mine was too tight top left because of being shifted a little to the left

post #95 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

to all those looking at my t5 tranny kit, plase e-mail me at [email protected] to many pm's to get back to. i re-designed the interface between the rear axle and the d/shaft. thats why the late reply..

anyone can buy a Porsche, only Drivers drive a Alfa Romeo

Last edited by bianchi1; 07-23-2012 at 09:45 PM.
post #96 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 07:23 PM

T5 update

T5 is in car and after one short drive seems pretty good, easy to change gear with strong syncros , change feels bit agricultural but so what, mustang box with chev S10 shifter, I have a quick shifter kit on it which makes the throws about the same as standard Alfa, .92 fifth should work well for me on track and its a very easy gearchange but probably not so useful on the road, it will allow me to change rear from 4.30 to 4.10 though.
Attached Images

post #97 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 09:15 AM

I know it's an old thread - Bianchi1 do you still make / sell these?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode