GTV6

Garage
Vehicle Name GTV6
Year 1985
Make Alfa Romeo
Model GTV6
Color White
1985 Alfa Romeo GTV6
History Bought this out of central Pennsylvania back in 2004. I had been jonesing for another Alfa and figured a V6 would be a bit more of a challenge than the 4 cylinders I had owned before. Turns out this has been a very reliable car.

I bought it with 54K on the odometer, added another 130k over the next six years and then decided to take it down to a bare shell to repair the rust. Along the way I built a franken-trans (essentially a Platinum trans built from a Verde and a GTV6) and the supercharged engine. The goal of the rebuild was to save the car and to learn.
Exterior
Exterior is mostly stock. I found a set of European bumpers in England and installed them to reduce weight and get a slightly cleaner look. I've had Alfetta tail lights on it over the years, but went back to the GTV6 lenses with the rebuild.

Big Hella fogs with yellow lens shields. I also built a rear fog (LED) into the LH tail light lense in an unused area between the turn signal and tail lights.

Interior
The car has the later Recarro seats in black. The have held up amazingly well for nearly 200K miles. I have had a few seams repaired, but no panels replaced. The dash includes a custom boost gage integrated into the central instrument cluster - looks factory as intended.
Views: 219

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome