Garage
Vehicle Name Celeste
Year 1969
Make Alfa Romeo
Model Spider
Color Celeste Blue
1969 Alfa Romeo Spider
1969 Alfa Romeo Spider 1969 Alfa Romeo Spider 1969 Alfa Romeo Spider
History This car was an Italian delivery brought into the US in around 1970. It was owned by a local Alfa dealer, then sold, then bought back by that dealer years later. It was in his collection for about 10 years until I purchased it. After we cleaned it up, it shows and runs very well, but it will still go through a thorough refresh, restoration, strip and repaint. Oh, and according to records, the car has less than 60,000 original miles....not an odometer rollover.

I'm posting additional images of the car with the fresh respray, interior and top. There are still quite a few things to do to fiinish this car. (Restored car has steel wheels)
Exterior
1969 Alfa Romeo Spider Exterior 1969 Alfa Romeo Spider Exterior 1969 Alfa Romeo Spider Exterior
Hood mounted mirrors. OK for 1969 but a little odd today. Soon to be resolved. Bumpers look great but the grill has a dent in it. Other chrome bits will also be replaced. The paint looks excellent but gaps are a little off thanks to a left front fender bender years ago, so it will be stripped, repaired and repainted.

The hood mounted mirrors were relocated to the doors during th erestoration and look terrific!

Interior
1969 Alfa Romeo Spider Interior 1969 Alfa Romeo Spider Interior 1969 Alfa Romeo Spider Interior
Original interior due for a refresh.

The interior has been completely redone and the guages rebuilt. All new chrome, door cars, mats, padding, seat covers and steering wheel. Powder coated the top frame and new Hartz fabric top.

In-Car Entertainment
Just the wonderful sound of the motor. Original kick-panel speakers still installed.

I replaced the kick panels as part of the restoration.

Under the Hood
1969 Alfa Romeo Spider Under the Hood 1969 Alfa Romeo Spider Under the Hood 1969 Alfa Romeo Spider Under the Hood
1750 European version with Webers instead of Spica. Needs to be cleaned up.

Suspension
I haven't been under the car yet, but it drives and handles very well. Records of a full suspension rebuild in 2008.

Wheel and Tire
1969 Alfa Romeo Spider Wheel and Tire
BWA Sportster wheels believed to be installed by the original dealer. They can use a refresh.
Views: 73

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome