Free Stuff One NOS tailight - 2000 CI Berlina - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

One NOS tailight - 2000 CI Berlina

If you are one of the handful of people, worldwide, who actually own one of these, you may have this priceless gem for the shipping..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 11:37 AM
Platinum Subscriber

I have an engine and trans, this gets me one step closer to a whole car. But if someone can actually use it I'll behind him/her in line.
What condition?
Andrew
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 11:54 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Oops, I see NOS. I'll take it if no one else actually needs it.
Andrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Taillight

My offer, at this point, is to those who actually own one of these Berlinas. I grant you, that's not more than a handful at present, but that is where I would like it to go. I used to have two. Over the years I have found an occasional thing to disappear, and the other taillight is on that list. I'll never know if someone confused "priceless" with "salable" and thought I'd never miss it, or if I just misplaced it or gave it away. Forty-five years can do that.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 05:23 PM

Very nice... I used to own a few of those cars....No,, I think I thought I owned a few of those cars... No come to think of it I don't know what a 2000 CI is.. Oh, well. Easy come easy go.. Perhaps you lay this on the forum that could ..might .. have these cars. It's a challenge, this charity thing.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 05:32 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
What is a CI Berlina?

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 04:53 AM Thread Starter

Taillight

In an attempt to be succinct, I used CI to define the cast iron engine 2000 (102) cars from the more familiar 115 Berlinas. sorry for the confusion.
ossodiseppia likes this.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 05:15 AM
Platinum Subscriber

That's fine. If such persons end up not existing, let me know. Thanks
Andrew
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 06:27 AM

andrew, if its for a gen 2 2liter car i can use it if you decide to pass on it.

can anyone post a pic of this taillamp to make sure?

cheers
db
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 07:08 AM
Push hard and live
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Jay Nuxoll near Seattle is the only person I know who has one. Another was offered for sale somewhere on the East Coast, but I don’t know where it ended up. At the time it was offered for sale the owner had about a 5 X opinion of its value over my opinion.... and Hagerty’s.

Anyway... Jay can be reached via the BB at “twoliterlover”. Why advertise when you can contact THE customer directly?

Don P
Carson City, NV

Past Alfas...
59 102 Touring (first Alfa $500 running)
65 Sprint GT (2nd Alfa, $500 daily driver)
102 Sprint (never did anything with it, but wish I had)
74 Berlina (first new car - now certainly rusted into oblivion)
61 Giulietta Spider G-Prod Race Car (where is it now?)
84 Spider Veloce (rarely drove it, so sold it)
86 Quadrifoglio (Dull car - no more 115s for me)
1971 Montreal "The Full Monty". Fair winds and following seas

Current Alfas
59 102 Touring Roadster - restoration complete, enough Alfa for any rational man. Or irrational, for that matter
Oops. Add to the "present" list, 10204 01488, 2000 Touring Roadster project

And past...
Two 1946 Stampe SV4C (c/n 294 "Rocinante" - wife's favorite airplane. RIP), and c/n 235 "La Bon Temps Femme" (gone to a new home, but never forgotten)
Zlin 50LA (+9 -6 gees, titanium spar, 1200 lbs, 260HP rumored to now be in Brazil)
1946 Luscombe 8A
Starduster Too (recently spotted at the Nevada City, CA airport - over 20 years and an entire continent separating it from our stewardship in Binghamton, NY)
1955 Cessna 170B (wife taught me to fly tailwheel in this)

And present...
64 Mooney M20E ("Rambo". My faithful steed for over 40 years) Over 55 years old, and just returned from a trip to Argentina in him
Newest in the fleet
1967 Piper Super Cub on Wipline amphibious floats (a true "all terrain vehicle")
2010 Triumph Thunderbird

You can snap roll an Alfa only one time...
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 10:20 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPeterson3 View Post
Jay Nuxoll near Seattle is the only person I know who has one.
I second that -- and sent you a PM with his address (and I will pay shipping to him, if necessary).

-Ruedi
[SIZE="1"]'63 2600 Touring Spider (AR 191437, the car that started the 2000/2600 International Register, reassembly in progress)
ex-'65 2600 SZ (AR 856043, the car in my avatar, sold as resto project to Austria)
Maintainer of a private 2600 SZ register (not the one in the Netherlands).[/SIZE]
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Taillight

Tubut: Will do; tomorrow
Bob
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 06:45 PM

Smile Gentlemen, I am humbled and Thankful.

I haven't seen exactly what is coming, but I do know that back in the late 1980's my wife caught one tail light of my berlina when backing her 1983 Mercury station. I was able to make it work and look okay, but the metal housing is still cracked. I will greatly appreciate the part, and will reimburse Ruedi. Nice of all of you to see it and remember me. I hope to bring that sedan, my two liter sprint and my two liter spider to Monterey in august 2020. Lots to do, but honestly intend to quit my lawyer practice at the end of year. Right now I am doing mostly pro bono and consider my self the best lawyer one can get for no money. But 55 years is enough. I may be running out of time to get all my cars finished and farmed off. Mt wife is beginning to panic she might have to take care of a huge huge mess.
bal4833 likes this.

[B]JAY NUXOLL [/B][EMAIL="
"], seriously Alfa diseased and ancient OLD Two Liter Lover, put together Seattle area's Northwest Alfa Romeo Club in 1965, and still feebly tries to tend a teeny sacred flame to his serpent mistress in the [B]ALFA G'RAJ MAHAL[/B], a home garage temple with more Alfa cars and parts than he dare list because of the disapproval of his shamed and chagrined family. (425) 641-2600.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 07:41 PM

A picture of my cast iron two liter sedan

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. Thank you one and all. But maybe few have ever seen one of these cars. It has a mechanical fuel pump instead of the Bendix electric, a downdraft solex single carburetor, a much better heater system than the spider, and a five gear column shift. I will do 100 mph with six people in he car, and I confess I did not like the original Mink brown color so I had I painted two tone. I've had it since 1974. When I bought it in Napa California it had been painted black with a brush and we called it the Mafia staff car for a while. It had a flloor box installed because a former owner had broken off the column shift lever. But one could not hold it firmly in reverse because of the bench seat. I managed to find s 2600 sedan with ruined rear end at Fort Sill and had it shipped to Seattle so I could steal the column shift gearbox and the broken off gear changer lever. That 2600 sedan and another one I later got from a Truckee junkyard ended up with Tom Zat who put the two of them together in a stretch limousine in which he will go to town a pick up visitors to Alfa Heaven. I show that in the photos also along with a picture of both my two liter sedan and another of Tom and his wife Dale with my wife Julie, my son Tom and myself at the Alfa convention in Seattle where we entered the second 2600 sedan as a mystery car in the concourse. We used vice grips to block off the leaking rear brake lines and actually drove the car to the concours location at the very last minute. Before I got it the car had been sitting at the wrecking yard at Truckee so long that another car had been stacked on top of it. Note the clearly expressed disapproval of the judge assigned to evaluate what he thought was going to be some truly exotic vehicle.
Attached Images

[B]JAY NUXOLL [/B][EMAIL="
"], seriously Alfa diseased and ancient OLD Two Liter Lover, put together Seattle area's Northwest Alfa Romeo Club in 1965, and still feebly tries to tend a teeny sacred flame to his serpent mistress in the [B]ALFA G'RAJ MAHAL[/B], a home garage temple with more Alfa cars and parts than he dare list because of the disapproval of his shamed and chagrined family. (425) 641-2600.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 12:54 PM

I have this one.... Both my tail lamps are very nice however if something really BAD happens
I hope I remember Jay has one!
RML
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode