Free 164L - in reno!! You already win!! - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Free 164L - in reno!! You already win!!

Make a vacation of your future trip to reno by taking home a free 164L. I drove it to reno from sacramento a few years back as a potential parts/ track car. Runs if i put the fuel injectors back into it and the dog bone rod. Has about 200k miles on the engine. I have extra front fender liners, drivers door handle, plug wires, it all goes with the free 164L. PM me and arrange pick up. If not given away by the end of summer, i'll donate to charity.

'76 Alfetta GT, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth, '78 sports sedan (2 of them) - sold, '91 164L - sold, '83 GTV6 -sold, '87 Milano Verde - sold, '91 spider -sold, '69 MGB GT,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 05:34 PM
Gold Subscriber

I may be interested.

I'll PM.

Everyday is a school day. Learning something new all the time

View my '74 GTV restoration at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

View my '91 164s adventure at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

But wait there's more: View my 164LS thread:

You're kidding, another one?! 1984 GTV6 Maratona

You didn't...oh yes I did. '73 Berlina graduate course in rust repair. No thread yet, don't want to piss off the GTV

You didn't...oh yes I did II. 1995 164LS 5 speed, awesome when it runs!!!

Musings on shop related items:
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Here's a photo. Its a 5 speed manual, tan leather interior, with a sun roof!! The hood does close.
Attached Images

'76 Alfetta GT, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth, '78 sports sedan (2 of them) - sold, '91 164L - sold, '83 GTV6 -sold, '87 Milano Verde - sold, '91 spider -sold, '69 MGB GT,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

There is a ground or short in the system. Car runs Ok at idle but when the engine move backward, like going up a hill, it has intermittent cut out. Meaning the engine mounts are broken or extremely worn. It doesn't die just cuts out and back. It can make it back to sacramento on its own power if your lucky and you put all the fuel injectors back in and the gas in the tank is ok, and the battery starts, and..its probably best to bring a trailer.

BUT ITS FREE!!

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 09:07 AM

164L

You say the motor runs? just needs injectors? I'll trade you for the Alfetta clutch parts you wanted. We can use the motor in our Lemons car and I need a 164 manual flywheel for a project we're working on. How soon do you need it gone? Some time after the 4th of July?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Yes the motor runs. Plus there wasnt any smoke or bad tail piipe exhaust either!! Usually a good sign.
After july 4th is fine with me. An alfetta clutch or other alfetta parts pieces sound good to me.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 01:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91spiderNV View Post
Car runs Ok at idle but when the engine move backward, like going up a hill, it has intermittent cut out. Meaning the engine mounts are broken or extremely worn.
It may need a new air intake duct between the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor and the fuel injection. If there is a slit or tear in the air intake duct, it will let air bypass the MAF, which cuts off the fuel supply to the injectors.

Mark
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 02:28 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
There is a ground or short in the system. Car runs Ok at idle but when the engine move backward, like going up a hill, it has intermittent cut out. Meaning the engine mounts are broken or extremely worn. It doesn't die just cuts out and back. It can make it back to sacramento on its own power if your lucky and you put all the fuel injectors back in and the gas in the tank is ok, and the battery starts, and..its probably best to bring a trailer.

BUT ITS FREE!!
I sent you a PM, and I have a trailer.

You didn't...oh yes I did. '73 Berlina graduate course in rust repair. No thread yet, don't want to piss off the GTV

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 02:29 PM
Gold Subscriber

If you wish to go another way, I understand. But please let me know.

Thanks

Bob

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Yes the motor runs. Plus there wasnt any smoke or bad tail piipe exhaust either!! Usually a good sign.
After july 4th is fine with me. An alfetta clutch or other alfetta parts pieces sound good to me.
We'll take it if that works for you.

Wes
Winner 24 Hours of Lemons, Finally
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2014, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Wes you still want to pick the car up after july 4th? The garage cant find the keys and it has no title. I also have some new intake rubber gaskets too.

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2014, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

Got the car running and gave it to a local who plans to find a way to get the car registered. Good kid.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode