Good Karma! Free Stuff !
OK, Alfanistas, ( is that the correct term for Alfa lovers?) this is your chance to build up your cosmic good standing for kicking that dog when you were 11, or that weekend in Vegas last year when your wife was visiting her mom!
Inspired by my friend Paul a fellow motorcycle rider and the generous goodwill I've received since coming onto this Board, this thread is for posting listings of FREE STUFF only. It's for offering a product, that has some intrinsic value, to your fellow Alfanistas for free.
This is how it works:
1. "Givers" post ads just like an item for sale. Include details and a picture if possible.
2. No "wanted" posts! This thread is for giving, not asking!
3. "Takers" should call "dibs" in the message string itself AND, PM the giver afterwards. Dibs are not claimed by PMing, dibs are claimed by posting in the message string AND PMing.
4. It's OK to ask the dibs-taker to pay for reasonable shipping (only). Shipping costs must reflect shipping, not any value associated with the item! If "giver" IS going to ask for shipping costs, please state that in the ad. "Takers" then need to include a zip code in the message post so an estimate can be provided.
"Givers" can also ask the "takers" to "donate" the shipping costs to alfabb.com and is encouraged. Bandwidth costs money!
5. If someone calls dibs, then decides not to take the item, the "giver" should notify the next in line via PM.
6. If no one else has dibs, the giver should post a "still available" message.
7. When an item is no longer available, the giver should post an "item gone" message. This is to keep the "Is this item still available?" messages to a minimum.
8. It's OK, and the usual case, to have many items available simultaneously. One does not have to "go" before you post another.
9. You don't HAVE to post a free item after you've received one from another inmate, but that IS the whole idea! They don't need to be of equal "value".
10. There is no message count minimum for calling dibs on an item.
11. Try to minimize post quoting, as it leads to confusion. Also, try not to post pictures of anything except the item(s) that is being given.
12. Be forthright. If the item is not functioning, make sure you say so.
13. Finally, do you know what you get if you accept a freebie and then someone sees you selling it on Ebay? The opposite of Good Karma!
Well, that's it. I don't know who the mods are but, I hope they make this a sticky.
I'll start by posting the first item. Let's get this thing rolling!
An Alfa Romeo hat. No stink, no sweat marks in great condition. Adjustable strap in the back.
Free to a good home. I'll pick up the shipping.
Now, if you want this item, scroll up to rule #3.
1991 Spider Veloce
Last edited by AFineRide; 06-08-2014 at 02:14 PM.