Fispa Check Valve - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Fispa Check Valve

Hi All,

I tried this post from another computer today but I think I didn't get it uploaded. But if I did I apologize for any confusion.

I am replacing the fuel lines in my 1981 Spider. I noticed in the evap and the fuel system there were Fispa check valves. Unfortunately, there is no part number to help with identification. My manual confirmed that the evap install in the trunk is just that. The two between the filter and the Spica are in the delivery and return lines and appear to be the same device as the evap install.

However, in all the documentation for the car and previous models I cannot find the check valves installed in the fuel lines. Consequently, I have some questions and any help getting them answered is appreciated:

1. Are the evap installed and fuel installed devices all check valves and of the same design? I am curious and the evap is handling vapor and air while the fuel checks are handling liquid fuel.

2. While I have them out is there any way to confirm that they are functioning correctly? I have not found if there a test procedure if there is one.

I guess tat is a good start to understanding these devices. I am attaching a photo to show what these little fellas look like.

Thanks for your help!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Fispa Check Photo.pdf (348.9 KB, 22 views)

Happymotoring

81 Spider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Added Photo

Hi Again.

I am adding a jpeg so that it appears in the post. Last time I uploaded a pdf....
Attached Images

Happymotoring

81 Spider
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 09:45 AM
Platinum Subscriber

My guess is to retain pressure at the pump for a cold start. I know Porsche had this issue with 944s, though I realize Spica is a different matter.
Andrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Hey Andrew,

Thanks for the input!

I was at an Alfa event this weekend. It gave me a chance to meet some new people and pick their knowledge. I learned that’s the checks were to prevent vapor lock. The checks don’t fail amend that I should rely on them.

So I hope its all true. In consideration of the sources I am in confidence that it is.

Once again thanks for taking the time to answer.

Happymotoring

81 Spider

Tags
1981, fispa, spider

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode