105 2000 GTV camshaft question - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 12:13 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaparticle View Post
I ran C&B CB47 10.9 mm cams in two different engines in a 2L GTV and a 2L Spider. They definitely produced more top end than the "Euro" cams that I had previously and I considered them to be an improvement. Then I swapped out the CB47 intake cam for an RJ136 cam from Richard Jemison and there was a big improvement. The engine was better everywhere and the mid range torque improvement was the most impressive. I also got an extra 2 mpg. Then I swapped out the CB47 on the exhaust for an RJ785 and there was more improvement. That motor made 169 HP and 149 ft-lb on the dyno with a very flat torque curve. It was also very civilized and it got 24 mpg. If you were offered a pair of CB47's for say $150 - $200 then they might be a good buy but if you are buying new ones then I recommend that you get a pair from Richard.
RJ136 intake
RJ785 exhaust
is that correct? and where can i buy these? thank you
antonio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 10:38 AM
Che

Garage
Cool Rocking the Swiss Alps

I just wanted to give my experience with RJR’s camshafts. Didn’t know where to post this but I figured people looking for new cams would come across this thread.

My background: I had my 2L Nord engine completely rebuilt last winter to original specs. Only thing I optimized was a lightened flywheel. Pretty much every part was replaced, except the camshafts.

Since then I did about 3000 km’s with the „new“ engine. Last week I finally exchanged my old, original camshafts with a set of Richard Jemison’s camshafts (RJR 429/1195). Furthermore, the jetting of the Weber’s was slightly optimized.

I only did about 100+ km’s with the new cams today but it was enough to lure me out of the car and in front of my computer:

The most impressing power range is between 2500 - 4000 revs. The engine develops clearly more torque, compared to the original cams. In the range above 4000 revs, the engine seems to have more „breath“. At the same time, it does it in a rather effortless manner. The engine revs more freely and feels light-footed.

To sum it up, the car feels much more modern to drive while not losing its typical character at all. Without wanting to sound philosophical, the car feels woken up. Only thing that I regret is not having had them already 3000 km’s ago!

Cheers from Switzerland,
Sergio
alfaparticle likes this.

'74 2000 GT Veloce
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 12:11 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Che View Post
I just wanted to give my experience with RJR’s camshafts. Didn’t know where to post this but I figured people looking for new cams would come across this thread.

My background: I had my 2L Nord engine completely rebuilt last winter to original specs. Only thing I optimized was a lightened flywheel. Pretty much every part was replaced, except the camshafts.

Since then I did about 3000 km’s with the „new“ engine. Last week I finally exchanged my old, original camshafts with a set of Richard Jemison’s camshafts (RJR 429/1195). Furthermore, the jetting of the Weber’s was slightly optimized.

I only did about 100+ km’s with the new cams today but it was enough to lure me out of the car and in front of my computer:

The most impressing power range is between 2500 - 4000 revs. The engine develops clearly more torque, compared to the original cams. In the range above 4000 revs, the engine seems to have more „breath“. At the same time, it does it in a rather effortless manner. The engine revs more freely and feels light-footed.

To sum it up, the car feels much more modern to drive while not losing its typical character at all. Without wanting to sound philosophical, the car feels woken up. Only thing that I regret is not having had them already 3000 km’s ago!

Cheers from Switzerland,
Sergio
It's not like some people told him 3000 kilometers ago.
Che likes this.

Learning, learning..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode