60-2 Trigger Wheel Offset Angle - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 04:22 AM Thread Starter

60-2 Trigger Wheel Offset Angle

Im patiently waiting for my NoDiz to control the ignition of my TS conversion: NODIZ Pro | Standalone Ignition Only ECU trying to jump on the learning curve

Im using the standard 60-2 Triggerwheel and Bosch VR Crank Angle sensor & mount from a Milano/164

69alfa has posted this very convenient photo, and that his offset angle is 84 deg / 14 teeth.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/mila...ml#post1015972

As everything is standard and has fixed geometrical relationships, isnt this 84deg common to all engines with this arrangement?

or otherwise, is counting teeth a good enough measure of offset or is a more accurate measurement required? (eg with timing light and checking the firing point at 0deg advance)

thankyou!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 07:05 AM

Hi,
I plan to do the same Set-up with Nodiz-Pro an the TS engine from a Milano (with standard Trigger-Wheel and Bosch Sensor).
Did you managed to get it running?

Do you have any advices for me...

Thanks.

Tom
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Hi Tom, yes its been running since 2015. It was a real pain to get going but it was just connecting the NoDIz to my laptop via Bluetooth and Windows 10. This issue has been resolved with a software update and there has been no problems since. Wiring up the two coil packs is easy enough. The crank position sensor that NoDiz sold me was no good - I ordered a genuine bosch sensor from a 75/Milano and that was fine. Or was it from a S4 Spider? I dont know, one of them, but the one from Motorsport Electronics was somehow incompatible.

Only other negative is that the android app is a bit crap - they initially said it would display road speed and even log NoDiz info together with phone data like speed and accel but all it does is show rpm and advance.

Overall, Im very happy with it and would recommend it. It performs its core purpose flawlessly, has no issues with 8 plugs and everything else was just the usual learning curve.
good luck!
andrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 08:00 AM

I can confirm that 84 deg is the offset angle for the TS. I couldn't get my TS started on my Emerald ECU and saw the post by 69alfa, I think. When I changed the setting to 84, it fired right up.

Stefano
Concord, CA
iachella [at] gmail [dot] com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode